Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which is Best for an Online Conference?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 awesomeoverload

awesomeoverload

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:19 PM

There are a lot of video and web conferencing software online. Most of them offer similar services like high definition video, ability to share documents, cloud based and convenience to conduct a virtual meeting. But, aside from Skype and Google+, which do you prefer as the best for an online conference? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nadirelite

nadirelite

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:24 AM

Try Cisco Webex or Join.Me, i am not sure about the features of the two because I usually use Skype and Hangouts

Edited by nadirelite, 06 September 2016 - 09:01 AM.

#3 AllenSteve

AllenSteve

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:30 AM

I just know one workable program named GoToMeeting.

#4 awesomeoverload

awesomeoverload
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:22 AM

Skype and hangouts are now banned in the middle east and we can no longer used them to conduct online meeting with our colleagues. My choice is Omnijoin because aside from offering video and web conferencing, it has a meeting recording software which can be helpful in reviewing meetings. Anyway, it is still up to your preferences! Respect! :)

#5 SherrySnow

SherrySnow

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:36 PM

WebEx and Gotomeeting. Or you could try Viber. But WebEx seems more professional for you. 

#6 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:25 PM

Firefox hello was good but is now discontinued and could only support two participants in a chat anyway. Google hangouts works quite well as long as all participants (up to 10 on video, more if only audio or text are used) have gmail accounts and either have google chrome or have the hangouts plugin installed in firefox/IE/other browsers.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#7 JesseRR

JesseRR

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:36 AM

Skype is My favorite. I often use it for chatting with my colleagues and record it to save content of conference.

#8 jerabina

jerabina

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:50 PM

Hello, what about TeamViewer?

#9 KanaiAdhikary

KanaiAdhikary

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:09 AM

For online conference, we prefer using on premise R-HUB web video conferencing servers. It is only one time cost and works on Windows, MAC, Android, iOS etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users