Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Leave the page error on IE...whew....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jake21

jake21

• Members
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:47 PM

Keep getting this annoying message on IE. When I am on EBAY and attempt to send an invoice...I get an error message, that says DO YOU WANT TO LEAVE THE PAGE OR STAY ON PAGE. It has IE at top of message so appears it is generated by IE itself. I cannot move off of this page and end up closing IE to continue. This error suddenly has appeared the last couple of days, and I cannot get rid of it. I am locked out of trying to move off the page. Ideas??

Edited by jake21, 05 September 2016 - 02:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:15 PM

Try a different browser?

#3 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 368 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:29 PM

I'd like to stay on IE if possible.

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:35 PM

Can you right click the "Send Invoice" button and see if you can copy/paste the shortcut into a reply? That will atleast tell us what the website is asking the browser(IE) to do. My guess is the button has some script tied to it that is asking your browser to do something it does not understand, like open a tab or frame in a certain way. What is the "Send Invoice" button supposed to do? Go to a different part of Ebay? Open a program like Outlook?

Edited by Trikein, 05 September 2016 - 07:35 PM.

#5 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 368 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

Thanks TRIKEN.....The script issue I think is the issue. You click on SEND INVOICE and it jumps to another page on EBAY where you can send an invoice to the buyer. It appears lots of people have the problem, it did not appear  until the last 2 weeks. I wonder if IE updated and in that update was some sort of confusion about this jumping to another page,??

#6 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:52 PM

When you are clicking on "Send Invoice" I think you have something typed in a open field on the page. Internet Explorer sees this and is warning you that if you leave the page, that data will be lost. There is no way to turn this off, but you can work around it. Before clicking on "Send Invoice" hold down the control(CTRL) button then click. This should force the page into a new tab. There might be some other ways to fix the problem, but they are more complex.

#7 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 368 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:25 PM

Thanks....be about a week till I have to use this feature. But, I will try it out...keep this open and I"ll let you know how iit works out. Thanks again!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users