Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting Chrome history from stolen laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cagw

cagw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:41 PM

Hi all. Apologies if this is the wrong forum. I didn't know where to put the post, and I'm currently using win10.

I recently had a laptop stolen. I was still logged in to my Google account on that laptop. I want to delete my chrome browsing history, so whoever found it can't work out which bank I use etc.

Does anyone know how to do this? I thought logging in to my account via another laptop and deleting the chrome history would do it. But it seems that only deletes the chrome history on that particular machine.

What I really want is to delete all my chrome history on all devices.

Thanks

Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:16 PM

See this from the Google help forum. I think the stolen computer needs to have syncing active in order to delete the synced data using a different computer.

I believe your first priority would be to change your passwords. I would also notify each of your banking sites, especially if the Google account was open when stolen. The person could go to the banking site found in history and request a password change. It would be a good idea to change the email account on all your banking and internet purchase sites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users