Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue viewing certain Videos, Images & Documents saved to external Hard Drive.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Welshy16

Welshy16

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and not overly PC savvy.

The issue that I have is...

I cannot view certain Videos, Images & Documents saved to my Seagate external Hard Drive.

I have saved the images, videos and Documents using two seperate PCs. The first PC, I saved a lot of stuff to my Seagate external hard drive, but after a fault on the PC, I had to completely reinstall windows.

The couple of accounts with Admin permissions then disappeared. I cannot even remember what the Afmin accounts were called or the passwords either, for that matter.

I have tried setting permissions through the pc as it is now, but still no joy. I see a 'Golden Lock Symbol' and says along the lines of 'you do not have admin permission'.

Is there a way that I can get to view all of my videos, images and documents again, please?

These things are of great sentimental value to me... my children's parties etc.

If someone would be so kind as to explain step by step in non-pc expert terms, I would be be extremely grateful.

I have recently upgraded to 'Windows 10'.

Thank you in advance for all help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Welshy16

Welshy16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:00 AM

I have already tried the following, but to no avail...

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-take...ll-access-to-files-and-folders-in-windows-10/

#3 Welshy16

Welshy16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:02 AM

Oh, another issue that I have is that I have to sign into my PC through Windows Outlook.

This, I am not happy about and would love to get rid of that.

One account for me (full administrator)... and one for my children to use (Non Administrator).

Thamk you.
http://tinypic.com/r/34qsc41/9
http://tinypic.com/r/hsvped/9

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:05 AM

The first thing I would try would be taking ownership.

Take Ownership, Win 10

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users