Hi, I built a pc over a month ago and it was fully working but then i swapped the graphics card for a new one (because i realised the game i really wanted to play could not be run by that graphics card), after inserting the new graphics card it automatically installed the drivers for it, when it had finished it seemed to be working but 5 minutes later i started using it and opened google and started googling some stuff for homework and then as i was doing that the screen froze, i waited around 10 minutes to see if it could sort itself out but it didn't so i held the power and turned it off, afterwards i tried to turn it on and i heard and saw the pc turning on but there was no screen even at the boot.
I did some testing to try and grasp what the problem was:
- I replaced the graphics card with an old one to see if it was because of the graphics card (same result - no screen)
- I placed the new graphics card into an old pc that I had (it worked in the old pc - so new graphics card doesn't seem to be the problem)
I attempted to fix it with some other methods:
- I replaced the motherboard with an identical new one (Amazon replacement) (no difference)
- I also took out the CMOS battery (i think its called) and then reinserted it after awhile, but that made no difference
- I tried disconnecting my HDD and SDD (thought it might be drivers or something, not entirely sure where drivers are stored)