Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 black screen with white blinking cursor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gtitdept

gtitdept

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:38 AM

HI Guys,

trust  you are doing good.

I really need your help here.

Actually facing a Black screen with white blinking cursor:

dy1t9f.png

For info , the white cursor keep blinking without loading into windows.

F8 is not even accessible .Also tried to reset my BIOS settings to boot from my HDD first but with no result.

Tried repairing boot issues on start up via a Windows DVD, even tried a system restore, but still no positive boot up.

My issue is similar to this post:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487382/windows-7-frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor/

I tried generating a FRST Scan log so that you can get a clearer view of what's happening.

Can somebody please help me on that and provide me a fixlist.txt to solve same.

Thank you :)

Mod Edit:  Removed FRST log data, not allowed or used in the Win 7 forum, see http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-167/announcement-45-no-dds-otl-hijackthis-or-combofix-logs-should-be-posted-in-this-forum/ . - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 05 September 2016 - 07:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MessiFan

MessiFan

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:22 AM

Hi

I am not sure but you may have corrupt drivers or files in the system.Try running a disk scan to check it out.Open cmd from the start and run with administrator.Type this command near the C:/ drive
chkdsk /r /f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users