Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving on Microsoft Word

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nasin

Nasin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:52 PM

I recently wrote and essay in microsoft word. However I wrote it after the due date and my teacher did not accept it.
To go around this, and convince my prof that it was written on time, I changed the date on the essay. I did this by, changing the date on my computer to an earlier date (before the essay was due) and then restarting the computer. I then saved my written essay word doc  with the new date on my computer. After that I changed the time back and restarted once again. 
My question is, if the file is analyzed by the school's tech/IT people, can/will they determine that the essay file was written later than the saved date that is shown in the properties of the file?

Help/advice much appreciated!

Thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:59 AM

Hello and welcome:

You wrote:

I recently wrote and essay in microsoft word. However I wrote it after the due date and my teacher did not accept it.
To go around this, and convince my prof that it was written on time, I changed the date on the essay. I did this by, changing the date on my computer to an earlier date (before the essay was due) and then restarting the computer. I then saved my written essay word doc  with the new date on my computer. After that I changed the time back and restarted once again. 
My question is, if the file is analyzed by the school's tech/IT people, can/will they determine that the essay file was written later than the saved date that is shown in the properties of the file?

Help/advice much appreciated!

Thanks 

So, to be clear: you are looking for help cheating on your school work?

I don't think you'll find too many folks here who are willing to support that endeavor.

Regards,

MM

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:27 AM

Bleeping Computer is not in the business of helping cheat on schoolwork.

It is YOUR responsibility to complete the assignment ON TIME.

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:55 AM

"Bleeping Computer is not in the business of helping cheat on schoolwork."

Is this a official rule or do you mean in general? I ask because I have seen many posts in the Networking sections of people blatantly asking for help to cheat on exam questions. They didn't actually they were cheating though, is that the difference? And if so, isn't that only punishing those that tell the truth?

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:29 AM

This is a clear cut case of a student not taking responsibility for completing the assignment ON TIME.

He/she is now attempting to fool the instructor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users