Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

0% GPU When Running Game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 InsaneRuffles

InsaneRuffles

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:35 PM

Hello,

So lately all of my games have been lagging really badly, and my CPU has been at 100% usage during it (i7 3612QM), when it shouldn't. I decided to run some logs to see what my GPU was doing, only to find out its not doing anything at all (0% GPU Load) ( Radeon 7630 HD).  I installed the latest drivers (Both standard and beta) numerous times, clean install and other wise. I am not sure how to fix this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by InsaneRuffles, 04 September 2016 - 07:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InsaneRuffles

InsaneRuffles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:12 PM

bump

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,770 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:13 PM

Try a reset to factory default settings before the clean install, that would be about as close to square one as you could get.  What OS are you using?  Updates have been known to tank things now and again.  Some software packages that claim to show CPU, GPU, fan speeds and temps along with usage are not all that accurate for every system.  Task manager gives usage within the OS but not outside.

#4 InsaneRuffles

InsaneRuffles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:32 PM

Try a reset to factory default settings before the clean install, that would be about as close to square one as you could get.  What OS are you using?  Updates have been known to tank things now and again.  Some software packages that claim to show CPU, GPU, fan speeds and temps along with usage are not all that accurate for every system.  Task manager gives usage within the OS but not outside.

A factory reset would hopefully be the last step taken if nothing else works. GPUz shows the video card as working, but it doesn't seem to actually process graphics in game. I will try to install a new driver and see if I can play around with it in AMD settings, but I suspect that this is something OS related. I disabled the on board Intel GPU, but that still didn't fix anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users