Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help Me

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 marniesmum

marniesmum

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:32 AM

having so much problems with setting 2 computers up at my mums for my 2 boys,they have a computer each,my eldest got his for xmas and me and my mum got tiscalli up and running,anyway my other boy had one for his birthday on the 21st july and as of today he still dont have it set up
the tiscalli modem which they provided is only an adsl modem and will not let 2 plugs go in ie: an ethernet to connect a router and the phone line so that is where im stumped,i brought a router thinking it will work but cos the modem has only 1 slot it does not work,i phoned them again this morning wanting help and he talked a load of computer stuff that i do not know he went to speak to whoever to see what other modems they do and he come back to say they do not have modems that will allow a router to it,so he told me i have to buy an ethernet modem so i said ok well i have just tried to look for one but everytime i think i might have found one it says a load of words i do not know about so not sure if it the right thing to buy i am well and truly confused and very unhappy cos all i want to do is set both computers up and then my boy can finally have his birthday present up and running.
does anybody know anything about what ive have just written or are you all as confused as me

from a very stressed confused sarah

p.s i dont even know if is in the right place of the forum

Edited by marniesmum, 18 August 2006 - 09:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:16 PM

Could you provide us with the exact make and model of the modem so that we can do a bit of research on it?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 marniesmum

marniesmum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:53 AM

hi
thanks so much for taking the time and reading and replying to my deserate post. :thumbsup:
below are the details to what i have from tiscalli.

Plug and surf!

With the SpeedTouch 330, surfing the Internet becomes a whole new experience. Just plug your modem into the USB-port and let the fun begin.

This modem combined with the Universal Serial Bus interface of your desktop or laptop computer offers a true plug-and-play installation.

The SpeedTouch USB is the ideal solution for residential customers and telecommuters who want to use high-performance applications but can't afford to spend hours configuring their system.

There are 2 filters included with this product.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who can use this device ?
The SpeedTouch 330 provides ADSL access in the same style as a traditional modem. It is simple to install and supports the following operating systems:
Windows 98SE/2000*Grinler & XP

What's Included ?
SpeedTouch 330 USB Modem
1 x 1.5m RJ-11 Cable (To connect to the phone socket)
1 x Quick Installation Guide
1 x Driver CD
2 x ADSL Filters

What's Good ?
Stylish Design
The best just got better
WHQL certified driver
Mac OS X reliably supported

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users