Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Transparent Background.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Keepsix

Keepsix

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:07 PM

Hello everyone

I am new to here, and not very savvy with image editing. I had a stranger/ now friend on twitch make me this image http://imgur.com/a/SmEnD for K6G Keepsix-Gaming and I would like this to have a transparent background, yet retain the nice edges. Is there a way for one of you or me to do this? or do we need the source file??? (so only the maker can do it and make it look good)?????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:14 PM

What size does it need to be? like an icon or a profile, you mentioned background in the previous post, if so it would be larger. 

The edges have shadows on giving it depth.

Edited by Martel, 06 September 2016 - 09:03 AM.

#3 Keepsix

Keepsix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:21 AM

i want it to fit most profile pictures, so 1600x1600 is good then i can work with that.

here is the image i currently use https://postimg.org/image/pzzi6hctj/

here is my original image, https://postimg.org/image/cnpwvdc5n/

#4 aviso66

aviso66

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:15 PM

Why Do you need a transparent background?

#5 Keepsix

Keepsix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:48 AM

Why Do you need a transparent background?

because I can do a lot more with something that has a transparent background, plus a lot of profile pics look better when transparent 

#6 Unicycle43

Unicycle43

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:19 PM

Like this? http://i.imgur.com/iOb3lPG.png

I did this in about 2 minutes with GIMP

If you want to edit images I would highly recommend GIMP, at least as side programs, it can be pretty confusing but I use it fairly often and it isn't bad. Compared to photoshop I think photoshop would be better however gimp can do quite a lot, definitely all that I need it to do, but yeah, the biggest thing is it being confusing to learn at the start.

If you want to know how I did it I opened the image with GIMP, pressed control + A to select the entire image, when to Color> Color to Alpha, and pressed ok on the window that popped up. Keep in mind this only works for white defaulty, if you want to do another color simply click on the color box when the window comes up and select your color, there is also a color picker.

Hope this helped c:

EDIT: I just realized if you open the image it appears no different but if you drag it onto your desktop it will be transparent and not white ;)

Edited by Unicycle43, 10 September 2016 - 08:20 PM.

#7 Keepsix

Keepsix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

oh nice thank you, that's exactly what i wanted. Thanks for the info also i really appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users