Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Admins, And Group Policys

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 my_mshell

my_mshell

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:15 AM

ok, i too am having trouble with being able to control my firewall settings. thing is it did not used to be this way and then one day computer crashed ( thanks to husband) anyway after reinstalling windows with my recovery disks,and somewhere in the set up things went different i suppose. i have no idea bout this group policy, system admin, or how i even became part of what ever domain or network group i have become a part of. can someone plz explain all this to me and how i can revert back to how it was before. simple explations plz, seeing as how im still somewhat new to some of this stuff. thanks very much for whatever help yall can give
mshell

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:56 AM

The policies depend on whether the computer is part of a network and/or domain or not, but it is not something that you should have to deal with on a Windows reinstallation even if it is connected to a home network.

Did you do a format and a fresh installation or did you do a repair install which retains all the settings the previous installation had?

What firewall are you using?

Are you using XP Home or XP Pro?

What specific problems are you having?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users