Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Control Panel and activation key question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Herbert667

Herbert667

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:11 AM

Good morning,

a few days ago I upgraded Windows 10 to the version 1607 ( anniversary version )

I cannot find the entries of the control panel anymore and how to delete an item.

With the previous version it was no problem.

Second question:where can I find the activation key for Windows 10 ?

Your help is appreciated

Herbert667

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:45 AM

You can always access control panel another way. Right click once on the start button and you should see control panel listed.

After the Anniversary Update 'settings' should show as a little cog wheel when you left click once on the start button. Click on settings and choose 'system'

Then select Apps from left hand side and you can uninstall things that way too.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:54 AM

There is an even easier way to open the Control Panel.  Press the Windows keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key at the same time.   Control Panel will be listed in the menu that open, click/tap on it to open it.  Programs and Features is the same as it was previously.

How to find your Windows product code with the Speccy Snapshot

Please download and install Speccy to find your Windows product code.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see an image similar to the one below.

speccy1_zpsrueynimp.png

Under Summary click on Operating System.

speccy2_zpsxmwtld56.png

The product code is listed as Serial Number:.

Edited by dc3, 04 September 2016 - 12:30 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:56 AM

If you regularly access Control Panel, put a shortcut on your desktop. (every computer I have had gets that shortcut on my desktop)

In Windows 10 Control Panel (if you do not see it as described by opera) go to W, click Windows System, which is where Control Panel is listed.

To put a shortcut on your desktop RIGHT click on Control Panel and drag it to your desktop.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 04 September 2016 - 11:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users