Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Bootable Device

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HintzIan

HintzIan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:49 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512313/on-start-up-computer-tells-me-no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk/ - Hamluis.

Hi I've been having this same problem with my computer and I've tried downgrading my Toshiba Satellite Laptop 

to windows 7 from windows 10 and still nothing my Father and I think its something with the Hard drive but I've cleaned it several times and still it keeps coming up the only way i can get into my computer is using my windows 7 boot disk and running the (Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool) and having it scan then it ends up at my login screen 

If someone could help fix this problem and have me not keep using the boot disk I would be very greatful 

Thx. Ian

Edited by hamluis, 04 September 2016 - 06:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:15 PM

Did you use the following to revert back to Windows 7?

Was this the upgrade offered up to the 29th of July?

Was the upgrade installed for over thirty days?

Go to Settings > Update & security > Recovery and select Go back to Windows 7

Are you receiving an error message stating that there is no bootable device?

Edited by dc3, 04 September 2016 - 02:17 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users