Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need serious help!!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Megan1234567788

Megan1234567788

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:27 PM

Okay I'm having some major problems with my computer. I have a Toshiba satellite laptop. I believe it has windows 8 but it maybe 7. Anyway its extremely slow to boot up. It will go to a black screen for 15 mins before it goes to the login screen. It takes 20 more mins just to load the icons on the desktop which are hardly any. My browsers will not load at all. Not chrome Firefox or IE. I've tried adaware removers, virus removers, all said no virus. I've went through all my startup processes and running processes to find the problem. It says everything is trustworthy. I've tries installinh windows updates but it keeps saying error. I've tried updating my virus programs. I get am error no internet. However connected and via WiFi. I know its working because my phone is not having issues. I've tried upgrading to windows 10. It goes only so far then I get error. I tried to go back to a rest or point but none exists because I just reformetted a couple weeks ago. I tried doing a reformat and I get error also.i looked up onlime trying to troubleshoot it myself and it says to boot in safemode. Well i cant boot in safemode. My keyboard on my laptop does not work so i use an external one. While i boot my computer does not recognize the keyboard until the login screen. Also my laptop screen is broken so i use an external monitor. When safemode was initiated before it defaulted to the laptop screen and i was not able to see to do anything in it. Im really in a tough spot!!! I use my computer for work and have no other means to make money. I have no money to buy a computer or pay to fix this. I'm stuck in a rock and a hard place.please help me!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Megan1234567788

Megan1234567788
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:29 PM

Also my dvd player does not work and I do not have a USB or access to windows disc. My laptop came with windows on it. I have no warranty.

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:39 PM

It sounds like your laptop has been beat up a lot. If the laptop has been dropped or something like that you could have a damaged dying hard drive with a lot of errors on it. I would suggest downloading speccy from the BC downloads section. Once installed run it and go to the top of Speccy where it says File and then choose Publish a Snapshot. Post that generated URL here so I can take a look at the HD SMART data.

#4 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,013 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:39 AM

If you have Data / Personal Files , you need to back them up first.

Remove the Drive from the Laptop and Slave it to another PC , Using a Linux Distro "ISO" burnt to Disk , and booting from it you can then explore the Drive and get whatever files you require.

You can also to Drive Checks on it - while in that PC  and fix any errors / or it may be to far gone ?

Then once that is done , try if you can and Restore the Laptop to Factory Condition.

It should have a Recovery Partition , you may need to go to the manufactures Website for that model to get the Instructions to do so.

Overall - No Keyboard working / No Screen Working / and Possible Drive Probs etc / and No CD/DVD etc = Looks like a Long Shot to remedy.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:48 AM

I would suggest downloading SeaTool for DOS and install it on a flash drive.  You will have to open the BIOS to change the boot order so that USB device is the first item in the boot order and the hdd the second.  This will run a diagnostic scan on your hdd to determine its health.

This may seem complicated, but taken on step at a time it can be accomplished.  There is a very good tutorial at Windows Seven Forums which will walk you through the process.

With the flash drive inserted in a USB port and the BIOS set to boot from a USB device the computer will boot from the flash drive, not Windows.  After running scan post the results in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Megan1234567788

Megan1234567788
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:53 PM

Here is my speccy data. Http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ob06l1p6pZiBFWz0u8Oaypi

#7 Megan1234567788

Megan1234567788
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:03 PM

I'm pretty sure this is caused by a nasty virus. I can't install anything and everything runs slow. I have this WinZip background tool that keeps popping up. I think its part of the problem. Now I don't have another computer I can put my hard drive in. I don't have a USB but I can buy one. I want to use that as a last resort. I won't be able to do any of the CMOS or USB reformat unless I can find a computer to put my drive in. I can't see my laptop screen when it boots up. It doesn't acknowledge the monitor while in the boot up mode, safe mode, or using any of the function keys during start up. Hopefully you guys can help me remove the virus and I can reformat without having to get another computer to pit my drive in.

#8 Megan1234567788

Megan1234567788
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:11 PM

https://s11.postimg.org/hv0dg56wz/IMG_20160904_131611.jpg

That picture shows the error I get while trying to use defender to scan for virus. Also u see the WinZip popup on the right bottom. I pretty much get a similar error when I try to do anything

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:31 PM

To clear the history read this article.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users