Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All day with wusa.exe pest- no progress!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 onewayjose

onewayjose

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:27 PM

W-7 Ultimate SP-1 was refreshed.  Will not load updates, searches continually.  When I try to load Microsoft's KB-'fixes' (KB3135445) it informs me: Only one instance of wusa.exe is allowed.  Can I KILL it so the fix will run?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:13 PM

Hi

Unfortunately, this is a bug in Windows 7 and Vista, that Microsoft is not bothering to fix. There is a temporary fix though. Manually download and install updates from http://wu.krelay.de/en/ from bottom to top. If any of the updates are not applicable, skip them. If an update requires a restart, do so. Once, you have finished with this, restart one more time and do a check for updates. The wusa service would take less CPU and will check for updates much faster. Since you refreshed back to SP1, I would recommend the update rollup package, but it requires IE11 :(

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#3 nowayjose

nowayjose

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:06 PM

Hi

Unfortunately, this is a bug in Windows 7 and Vista, that Microsoft is not bothering to fix. There is a temporary fix though. Manually download and install updates from http://wu.krelay.de/en/ from bottom to top. If any of the updates are not applicable, skip them. If an update requires a restart, do so. Once, you have finished with this, restart one more time and do a check for updates. The wusa service would take less CPU and will check for updates much faster. Since you refreshed back to SP1, I would recommend the update rollup package, but it requires IE11 :(

-CKing

Thank you sir.  Reloaded an old image with MACRUM REFLEX that had IE-11 on it. (able to download rollup)

Only way I could install the updates you recommended was from within CLEAN BOOT.  I was able to install all you suggested including the UPDATE ROLLUP PACKAGE from within it. 

Not sure if it is going to download from without CLEAN BOOT, but managed to get all current updates with WINDOWS UPDATES in W-7.

:bananas:

#4 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:31 PM

Glad to help :)

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users