Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BRD.dll is missing! What the hell are u trying to do?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sh0a

sh0a

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

Hi everyone, i just joined this forum, i have no idea what to do about this trojan (i guess?).

Yesterday i logged in my computer and at system startup this pop up showed.

I tried google but no use so hopefully someone here knows what could i do.

thanks

Edited by Queen-Evie, 03 September 2016 - 11:04 AM.
moved from Windows 10 Support to Am I Infected for malware check

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:16 AM

That's funny, I just did a Google search for BRD.dll and got lots of hits saying it's malware.  I'd download MalwareBytes from this site and run it.  If that doesn't rid you of it, the experts at the Am I Infected forum can help you.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 sh0a

sh0a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:19 AM

I did exactly that but malwarebytes doesnt even detect it ._.

Thanks tho, i'll post there . Edit: someone moved it already, thanks for that and sorry.

Edited by sh0a, 03 September 2016 - 11:21 AM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:22 AM

Welcome to BC...

Do you have Daemon Tools Pro installed?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:04 AM

I normally don't post in these forums (and I am not a malware expert), but....

The fact that BRD.dll is missing - means that something removed the BRD.dll file, but the entry that starts it still remains.

In other words, the cleaning wasn't complete - so more work may need to be done.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 aspartamo

aspartamo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

Welcome to BC...

Do you have Daemon Tools Pro installed?

Hi, i am in the same situation, i happen to have Daemon Tools installed. Is that the cause?

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:31 AM

aspartamo....Welcome to BC...

According to brd.dll - Should I Block It? (MD5 4d25c6ffe68dd2f767444c4a68243171)  it is part of Daemon Tools Pro.

If you decide to uninstall DTP I suggest you use Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

Depending on where you downloaded DTP from and whether is a paid version or not...that program is often bundled with adware...very often.

You can use the programs below to clean, remove adware and remove malware.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
  • Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
  • If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
  • When MBAM is finished scanning it will display a screen that displays any malware that it has detected.
  • Click the Remove Selected button.
  • MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.

POST THE LOG FOR  REVIEW.

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users