Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't sign on my laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 booboosnana

booboosnana

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:36 AM

My computer boots to the windows screen,but I can't get to the sign in screen.I tried to use the f8 thing,but nothing happened.I read to press alt f10 and that opened to a different screen that says things about booting. Excuse me,but I don't know much about computers and I don't know where to go from there any help will be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:20 AM

What model computer is it? If it's a laptop, then the model number is usually printed on a sticker on the bottom. If it's a desktop, the model is usually displayed on the front panel, near the power button.

Can you explain in more detail where in the boot up process it is getting stuck? Is there any writing or color on the screen? Does it automatically reboot?

From your previous posts, there were possible signs of infection. Any developments on that front before the problem occurred?

#3 booboosnana

booboosnana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

It is a HP 2000 notebook PC.it boots up to the main screen it has the date and time,and it shows how full the battery is and the wifi icon.usually I hit the space bar and then the sign in screen shows.but it won't go to the sign in screen.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:16 AM

First of all, the post that Trikein is referring to was posted in 2009.  Secondly, from what was posted I doubt that this was malware related.

When you pressed the F10 key what was the exact message you received?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:58 AM

Also has this just started happening.. you were able to sign in okay before?

Or have you just done a Win 10 update and then this happened?

Have you tried holding down the Fn key and pressing the spacebar?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users