Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bye Bye Gmail

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:43 AM

Anyone know of a decent free email provider besides Gmail, Yahoo, or Microsoft?  I am tired of Gmail's lack of support, I don't like how Yahoo charges for IMAP, and I wouldn't touch a Microsoft domain with a 10foot pole. Are there any other options?

Also looking for alternatives to everything Google; online word processing, video streaming(youtube) and news sites(google news). 

I feels Google has gotten too big and is run by suits, and not the engineers that created it. It's all about profit and power now and I don't want to be a part of it anymore. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_GNULINUX_*

Guest_GNULINUX_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:45 PM

Yandex may be an option? A bit like Google but different, made in Russia!

They have video, images, maps, translation, mail, disk (10 GB free and sync client for Linux, Windows and Mac OS) and you can create docx, xlsx and pptx online, etc.

I myself use some of their services with full satisfaction!

Greets!  :wink:

#3 Trikein

Trikein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:43 PM

Im actually considering just stop using email. I only have 2 people that still use it to contact me and I have alternate methods of contacting me. I looked at all the different systems and passwords connected to Google I have and it just isn't worth the effort. The only thing I need email for is for account activation and stuff anyway. Kind of upset Google has their hooks in me but I guess it's my own fault. Thanks for the reply.

#4 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 991 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:22 PM

Anyone know of a decent free email provider besides Gmail, Yahoo, or Microsoft?  I am tired of Gmail's lack of support, I don't like how Yahoo charges for IMAP, and I wouldn't touch a Microsoft domain with a 10foot pole. Are there any other options?

Also looking for alternatives to everything Google; online word processing, video streaming(youtube) and news sites(google news). 

I feels Google has gotten too big and is run by suits, and not the engineers that created it. It's all about profit and power now and I don't want to be a part of it anymore. 

There is something that begins with a "Z"; maybe called ZenDesk, but I can't remember exactly.  Available in it is email and office online features.

Would AOL do well for you, for free email?

#5 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:53 PM

There is something that begins with a "Z"; maybe called ZenDesk, but I can't remember exactly.  Available in it is email and office online features.

Would AOL do well for you, for free email?

That other "Z" provider is Zoho Mail, at the site, https://www.zoho.com/mail/

The other name I gave, "ZenDesk" was wrong, and that name goes to something completely different than any kind of email service.  I wish I could go back and edit what I said.

As for just email, along with a suggestion of AOL, would GMX also do for you?  Still the support does not seem any better than Gmail's.

Edited by cafejose, 04 September 2016 - 09:54 PM.

#6 Trikein

Trikein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:47 PM

Most of what I need email for is registering for sites (forums, facebook, etc) and helping troubleshoot other people's email. Something like this anom account might work but going to test it out first. Does anyone know of a good anom. email creator?

#7 pouljuhl

pouljuhl

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:05 AM

Just to create email accounts I like the services openmailbox.org and mail.com. on mail.com a lot of domains there, and on the openmailbox.org very simple and quick registration. I don't really know this is what you need or not.

#8 sweedishfish

sweedishfish

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:05 AM

Have you looked into Zoho - mail? Its solid, free and also lets you add your business domain for free. They have other great apps and can be useful for personal or business use. I would check them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users