Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Security Scam Screenlock

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doublex55

doublex55

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:18 AM

So you guys have a page on this site that has the steps to fix this issue. My issue is the exact same issue so it should be easy! However, I can't even do the the first step (starting in safe mode, duh!). Safe mode starts properly (I think), but the lock screen still shows and prevents me from logging on. I also tried system restore but it failed due to unspescified error 0x80070057

The last thing i tried was a command prompt c:\ attrib looking for autorun.inf (I found out about this just now from google, I don't lnow if you have to have the computer up and running for this to work).

All i got was

I C:\ $UpgDrv$
A SHR C:\ bootmgr
A SH C:\ BOOTNXT
A SHR C:\ BOOTSECT.BAK
A SHR C:\ sdrive

None of these are malware or viruses o I really am stuck now and cant find any other wats to fix it from google search.

Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doublex55

doublex55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:28 AM

Also i forgot to mention that when i opened task manager from the command prompt, the only application is
Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

The proccesses are

cmd.exe
conhost.exe
conhost.exe
csrss.exe
RecEnv.exe
TabTip.exe
taskmgr.exe
WallpaperHos...
winlogon.exe
winpeshl.exe

I dont think any of these are malware or viruses either so i am really at a loss

Thanks again for the help!

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:58 AM

Hi doublex55,

Hitman-Pro-Icon.png  Please download Hitman Pro, choose 32bit or 64bit depending on your Windows version. If you are unsure click here

• Run the installer but do not click next, click on the little stick man ninja.

24gj9lg.jpg

1. When the next scrolling screen appears plug in your USB flash drive. note: all existing data on the drive will be erased
  2. Click on the USB drive when it appears in step 2
  3. Click Install Kickstart and ok the data erasure warning.
  4. Eject the USB from your machine.
  5. Transfer the USB to your infected machine and boot from it.
  6. Press 1 when the Hitman menu appears.
  7. Windows will start normally now, log in.
  8. When the malware note appears wait a few seconds for Hitman to start up and take over the screen.
  9. Select "No, I only want to perform a one time scan to check the computer"
  10. Click next to start the scan
  11. then click next and next again to remove the detected items.
  12. Click Reboot and remove the USB drive from your machine

Now your machine should start normally and you can proceed with the steps listed in the fix.

TsVk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users