Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shockwave will not load under any circumstances

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KustenVatch

KustenVatch

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:14 PM

Tried to load Flash to view and hear videos etc. Made sure one was not already avail. W/7 pro on dell Inspiron 580 desk top.Recently installed Western Digital Black 2TB and a clean install from original disc. Had Flash before but keep getting failed to install. Task Manager  says only partial install. Can not load offline either. Tried Adobe, Microsoft forms ( they are redundant ). Adobe Acrobat previously installed fine also Cheat Engine loaded but keep getting error messages there as well, works occasionally. Norton says it is let thru but I disabled it as well as Ad Blocker and Ghostery. Hoping not to have  to   wipe drive for another clean install

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:26 PM

Hi KustenVatch and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer :)

Which browser are you using? Try going to another website with flash. Does it work there?

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#3 KustenVatch

KustenVatch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:01 PM

Hey,Thanks for the quick response. Using latest version of firefox  (have 64 bit) on Dell. Yes I tried on IE and Chrome. It appears that only 32 bit is avail but the 32 is supposed to work fine. On advice from another I loaded a de-bugger from Microsoft (supposed to help) but no help there. I will try another website tomorrow like cnet and see what happens thanks for the thought

#4 opera

opera

• Members
  • 969 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:16 AM

Perhaps try a clean flash install after using the Flash Uninstaller tool from Adobe.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:14 AM

Hey,Thanks for the quick response. Using latest version of firefox  (have 64 bit) on Dell. Yes I tried on IE and Chrome. It appears that only 32 bit is avail but the 32 is supposed to work fine. On advice from another I loaded a de-bugger from Microsoft (supposed to help) but no help there. I will try another website tomorrow like cnet and see what happens thanks for the thought

Are you aware that most sites aren't using Flash anymore? They are using html. Maybe that's your problem.

#6 KustenVatch

KustenVatch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:08 AM

Yes I am aware of the HTML5 but Amazon (for all their progressiveness ) Prime still use Flash, of which I am a member so... I must use it in this instance, wish they would use HTML. A much better protocol. Going to try the uninstaller.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:17 AM

Just to confirm, Windows is at SP1 and you used this site for the offline download, correct? 

#8 KustenVatch

KustenVatch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:33 AM

No I was not aware of this offline site will try now! Thanks everyone for the help

#9 KustenVatch

KustenVatch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

Just so everyone knows this, that Shockwave has been removed from both Mozilla and Chrome due to it's propensity to have malware in it. After some research apple has not used it since 2010 because as Steve Jobs said " It has abysmal security". So if you are trying to down load it forgetaboutit! Hopefully the powers that be will start using HTML5 or there is something better on the horizon. Thanks to everyone for the help.

#10 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:53 PM

FYI, Amazon was supposed to begin replacing Flash and Silverlight with html5 last year. But it looks like they have had technical problems with the switch.

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/amazon-starts-rolling-out-html5-web-player-moving-beyond-silverlight-and-flash/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users