Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Camera in use by another application"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 YaMoonSun

YaMoonSun

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:19 PM

About a week ago, after a clean installation of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64, I installed the usual software (Adobe Flash, Java, VLC, Firefox), but decided I would take my chances with Transmission-QT over the familiar qBittorrent after using it on my Linux Mint partition for a solid month without a problem. I left to visit my mother for a few days, and when I returned, my webcam light was on. I unplugged it and installed the windows updates that I had forgotten to install beforehand, and then I rebooted. I plugged the webcam back in, and it turned on again. I unplugged it, and it's been off ever since. Until today, I decided I would try out my USB microscope, so I downloaded the software from the manufacturer website, and the software isn't detecting the microscope, even though the light is on.

I did a virus scan in safemode with networking using malwarebytes and I didn't find anything. I tried looking to see if the camera was being accessed using TCPView and ProcessExplorer, but I couldn't find my device. People have recommended I just format, but then I won't be able to access my linux partition without repairing the bootloader, which I'm bad at.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users