Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change User DisplayName

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 C0113c70r

C0113c70r

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:10 AM

I am thinking that I'll be using the BC forums long after my PCs problems are resolved. Would really like to use a different user Display Name than the one I am currently using. How would I go about having my Display Name changed?

If you didn't get the answer you wanted to hear,

you were probably asking the wrong question.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:26 AM

Send a Site Admin a private message requesting a name change. Be sure to include what you want it changed to.

#3 C0113c70r

C0113c70r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:20 AM

Thank you for the quick reply Queen-Evie. Message sent.

By the way, I noticed that you are in Alabama. Wonderful state - I lived in Mobile most of my life and just recently moved from there. My family is actually a First Family of Alabama - been there since before the state was a state. LOL

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:31 AM

Which First Family?
My lineage goes back to William Wyatt Bibb, who was the one and only territorial governor and the first state governor.
Bibb County is named after him and is where my daddy grew up. I'm related to half of Bibb County.

My aunt used to live in Satsuma and 8 Mile. Visited her a few times when I was growing up and would go to "the city".

When my children were little we went to Mobile so my son, husband and daughter could see the USS Alabama.
Son and husband have a keen interest in history. Daughter and I tagged along. Daughter got tired and did not like all the small enclosed spaces and the ladders so she and I did not finish the ship tour.

Highlights of the trip for them were the tunnel (wow, we are underwater!!!) and the ferry from Fort Morgan to Fort Gaines, on a very windy overcast sky choppy sea day.

FYI, I was born, raised in and still live in Tuscaloosa. The only other place I've lived in was Auburn, where I went to college.
That should tell you I bleed orange and blue. War Eagle!!!

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:10 PM

Display name change completed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 C0113c70r

C0113c70r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:51 PM

#5 - @Animal - Thanks for the name change.

#4 - @Queen-Evie - I'm a bit of a genealogist. Been working constantly  on my genealogy for about 10 years with currently more than 25K people in my tree.

Records show my 3rd great grandfather Sterling Hill (1792-1877) resided in the area of Clarke in the Alabama Territory as early as 1816. His father, Moses Hill (1748-1832) was in the Washington, Alabama Territory as early as 1811. My 5th great grandfather, Robert C. White (1760-1837) was in Clarke, Alabama Territory as early as 1816, and his father, John White (1719-1831) was there as early as 1813.

I also descend from the Huckabee line. My 6th great grandfather, James Breckenridge Huckabee, was in Washington, Alabama Territory when it was still the Mississippi Territory in 1803.

Most of my lines descended into Alabama from the Carolinas or over from Georgia. They settled, for the longest time, in the areas of Clarke, Marengo, and Coosa before making their ways further south into Mobile.

#7 C0113c70r

C0113c70r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:37 PM

#4 BTW - I have quite a few cousins living in Tuscaloosa, mostly with the Pope surname. Also some Hinson, Hasty, and Atchley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users