Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FPS Drop High End PC diagnosis needed, heartbreaking lag

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 daulkner87

daulkner87

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:25 AM

i recently built a gaming rig, i7 6700k gtx 980 ti dedicated liquid cooler for gpu, all other specs pretty good, played lots of fallout 4 and league of legends (on opposite sides of the spectrum as far as performance requirements) and everything was beautiful. like 3 second loading times across the board for fo4 which put the 10 min ps4 loading times to shame. gaming was a brand new experience and i now know why pc gaming is better!...and now i know what it is not. i recently did a short list of things and now my FPS is crap on games that this pc can eat for breakfast. im talking like dropping from 60 to 35 in team fights on league of legends, with ultra LOW settings. Fallout 4 has a definite drop and while lowering the settings may indeed help, im not interested in band aids, i want this thing back to working order. heres what i did: cleaned the registry with ccleaner, made a backup file. updated windows automatically, and updated to the latest nvidia driver at the time(372.54) since that day, huge lag spikes that had me staring at the screen in dismay, having never seen such things on this machine. heres what i have done to try and resolve it (through internet research): i reloaded the registry backup file, i have reverted to the previous build of windows 10 back to the original windows 10 64 bit home version, i have used displaydriveruninstaller (DDU) to clean the driver data and reinstall the latest compatible nvidia driver, and i have attempted to minimize background processes as much as possible, temps are fine on equipment. still no positive results. when i try to load into a game through the LOL client, i have to go to task manager and double click or bring it forward to get the game to load in, as if the game app is not being given priority. i have eset virus and malware protection, and detect no malicious programs. completely defragmented and apparently completely optimized as far as c and d drives. my FPS is just mysteriously crap, and i really need someone to save me from spending $300 for a guy to spend 45 min looking at some files. which i will if i have to of course, but money isnt cheap, ya know?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users