Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: Beautiful quality laptop for everyday use & casual gaming

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TheKirk

TheKirk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:50 PM

Before I answer the template let me start off by explaining what I'm looking for. In short: A handy, well built (preferably with a metal chassis) and good looking laptop that can function as my main system. Therefore it should be able to run newer games at decent settings. So an ultrabook with internal HD graphics is a no-go.

During my search I've really fallen in love with the new Razer Blade 14. It has everything I'm looking for. There are just two problems: it's not available at all in Europe (I've asked Razer; they can't tell when/if it will be), and it's a little too expensive for my wallet.

So I guess what I'm looking for is something similar, though I know it is quite unique...

Laptop or Desktop?
- Laptop.

My budget for the new computer is:
- Around $1,500. Cheaper would be great.

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)?
- Everyday browsing with multiple tabs open.
- Watching full HD movies.
- Casual gaming.

What software do you intend on using on the computer?
- Windows. Other than that nothing special.

Do you play games? If so, what type of games?
- Should be able to run titles like Skyrim and Overwatch smoothly on medium settings.

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?
- I like multitasking - especially in Chrome. 10-15 tabs at a time is not uncommon.

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?
- No. I can live with having large movies and stuff like that on external HDD's.

Will you be overclocking?
- Not likely.

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices?
- Denmark. But if you don't know the market here (it's expensive!) just let me know what you would pick in your own country.

How many monitors are you planning to use?
- Primarily the laptop moniter. But I'd like an HDMI input so I can plug it to my TV for movies.

Do you need peripherals? OS?
- Peripherals? Don't know what that is. Windows 10.

Any particular reason why you are upgrading?
- I don't really have a functioning computer atm.

The screen should be around 13.3" and no larger than 15,6". I've previously owned an Asus Zenbook UX31E, and it was really awesome. So naturally I've been looking at some of their newer models - like the UX310UQ or the Zenbook Pro UX501VW. What do you think of those?

Are there any other brands/models you think I should be looking at?

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate every input I can get.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users