Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't see wireless SSID after connecting a wireless access point

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 arrayprofile

arrayprofile

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:58 PM

Hi, I have a wireless router (TP-Link AC1900) at home in my closet on the 2nd floor. Yesterday I connected a wireless access point (TL-WA-901ND) to have better coverage for spaces on the 1st floor that do not have good signal from the router. Now with AP connected, for 2 laptops and 1 desktop I can no longer see the SSID from the wireless router, I can only see SSID (different from the router one) from AP. I have another laptop that can still see and connect both SSID though, but I noticed the signal strength from the router became weaker than before.  My cell phones can also see both SSID.  what is going on here? Why I can't see wireless from the router from those 3 computers?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:32 AM

First, I am going to assume you are using two different SSIDs. If that is incorrect, then let me know.

The first thing to try is adjusting the 2.4 GHz channels that each device is using. Set one to use channel 1 and the other to use channel 11. See if that helps. If so, then it likely is just an interference issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users