Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unique Hibernation Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 foldinglamp

foldinglamp

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:18 PM

Had to make an account to post, and recognized this forum had addressed similar problems and solved them pretty quickly last time, but I can't actually find any identical problems to the one I'm having right now.

A couple days ago, I was working on my laptop, alt+tabbed over to a YouTube video, and the whole computer melted down.  It shut itself down, and then I figured I'd let it sit for a bit and then it'd be back to normal.

On start, it goes to the Windows Resume Loader, with this

Your computer can't come out of hibernation.

Your computer will be rebooted.  Any information that was not saved before the computer went into hibernation will be lost.

ENTER=Reboot.

So, when I hit enter, it simply loops back around into this exact screen.  Can't boot into safe, can't open any tools to help me navigate out, and I can't put a Win7 disc into my laptop to boot it because... well, it doesn't have a CD drive.  Any fixes?  (I'm not particularly computer-savvy at this level. D: )

update: after 3 minutes of messing with keys on startup, i got into my ASUS BIOS Setup Utility, but I'm lost from there.  

Edited by foldinglamp, 01 September 2016 - 02:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:24 PM

You could create a Windows boot USB drive using this guide here.

If you already have a Win 7 disk you can just create the USB using this guide. There are other ways to do it, though I trust and have used the PowerISO software for many years.

Then change your BIOS to boot from USB, boot from the USB drive.

Then you will be able to get to the repair tools to perform the fixes you've seen posted online.

Edited by TsVk!, 01 September 2016 - 04:31 PM.

#3 foldinglamp

foldinglamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:26 PM

You could create a Windows boot USB drive (assuming you have a Win7 disk, otherwise download an ISO) using this guide here.

Then change your BIOS to boot from USB, boot from the USB drive.

Then you will be able to get to the repair tools to perform the fixes you've seen posted online.

Thanks.  I'll get back to you on if this works.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

Hey mate, I changed my response while you were responding... please check out the new information I posted.

:thumbup2:

#5 foldinglamp

foldinglamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

Hey mate, I changed my response while you were responding... please check out the new information I posted.

:thumbup2:

Sadly, never got a Win7 disk.  Laptop came pre-installed, and it was a gift regardless -- so if it was shipped out with one, I'm unaware of where that is.

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

It's unlikely to have been sold with one as it doesn't have an optical media drive, I just thought I'd mention it as many people have one in the house from a family members/friends PC.

It's sometimes easier than downloading GB's of data if you can get your hands on one somehow.

#7 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:05 AM

Try taking out the laptop battery and unplugging the power lead.

Press and hold the power button in for 20 seconds or so.

Plug the power lead back in and turn on machine.

If all is well then put the battery back in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users