Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi hotspot Trojan. Can't connect to home router

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 badbassrandy

badbassrandy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:01 PM

Greetings. My name is Randy. I got home after work yesterday and was unable to get my laptop or Android phone connected to my home network. The modem showed everything was working fine and the router was fine.

Then I noticed in the list of surrounding wifi hotspots, a new one I'd never seen -- Trojan.b25 new wifi hotspot at home. 

I have a TP-Link TL-WR940N V3 Wireless N450 Home Router.

Very troubling. Want to take care of this ASAP.

Anyone ever heard of a wifi network / router getting hacked?

Can no longer access my wifi (I think because of this new nearby hotspot).

Very troubling. Want to take care of this ASAP.

Hints? Tips? Thanks you!! :love4u:

Edited by Queen-Evie, 02 September 2016 - 03:50 PM.
merged second topic about this into this post

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:09 PM

Does the network go away if you unplug your router? If not, then it is someone just using a scary name for their wifi network. If it does go away, then what modem router/gateway do you have? All malware I have heard of that is capable of changing settings on someones router does it to change the DNS or something related to intercepting your traffic. It wouldn't make sense for someone to design malware to sneak into your router and then make such a obvious change. 

Edited by Trikein, 02 September 2016 - 08:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users