Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scanned documents going to spam folder on Gmail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TinoNgombo

TinoNgombo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:28 AM

Hello, everyone.

When scanning documents on HP LaserJet MFP series printers at the company and send them to a specific e-mail adress, they go to the spam folder, on Gmail.

Does anyone know how to set the printer to send the scanned docs to the Inbox folder?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,035 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:26 AM

Hi,

Unless you can find exactly why the e-mail is classified as spam to do changes on the mail server used the only option is to do it on the gmail side.

I see two options, one is to select those messages on gmail and classify them as no spam, after some time gmail will learn that the messages are legit.

The second option is to create a filter to match those messages and set the filter to never send those messages to spam.

This google article could help https://support.google.com/mail/answer/9008?hl=en

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 TinoNgombo

TinoNgombo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:05 AM

Ok, sir. Thank you so much for your response.

I shall check it.

Edited by TinoNgombo, 01 September 2016 - 08:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users