Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loading Forever

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blue_Viceroy

Blue_Viceroy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:26 PM

Hi. I have an old Compaq laptop (says Presario A900 on it) running on Vista. A while ago, it froze, so I had to press the power button until it turned off. Now, when I turn it on it starts up normally with the black screen and the 30 secondseconds to start Windows regularly. I can log in fine, but if I click on Chrome and search something, it freezes. Sometimes I don't even get that far. I click on the Start button and the blue loading circle comes up. It doesn't do anything after that. The circle keeps going like something's loading. Occasionally it will freeze and I have to manually restart it. What's going on? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:20 PM

Download UBCD. Burn the iso to disk on a Windows 7 or later computer by right clicking the iso file and selecting Burn Disk Image. At the UBCD menu screen select Seatools for DOS. Do the short and long tests.  If it does not detect your hard drive at the UBCD menu select Parted Magic. Once on the Parted Magic desktop click on the desktop icon labeled Disk Health. Do the short and long tests.

If you do not have a Windows 7 or later computer to burn the iso you can use Imgburn.

Edited by JohnC_21, 01 September 2016 - 09:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users