I just built a new computer and put all the parts together in the case and turned it on the first time. The computer turned on just fine but my monitor remained black.
Inside the case a few led codes were shown plus an led light indicating that something was wrong with the CPU,DRAM,VGA, or BOOT. One of the codes it gave me were 04, the User Guide said this meant, "Power on South Bridge Initialization."
I'm not sure what to do...I've never done this stuff before its my first computer. I put a listing of my parts below
1. Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz
2. MSI Computer Gaming Intel X99 LGA 2011-v3 DDR4 USB 3.1 Type-C ATX Motherboard (X99A GAMING PRO CARBON)
3. Intel Boxed Core i7-6850K Processor (15M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz) FC-LGA14A 3.6 6 BX80671I76850K
4. WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive
5. Corsair RMx Series, RM850x, 850W, Fully Modular Power Supply, 80+ Gold Certified
6. Samsung 950 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
7. EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB
8. Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
9. ASUS Xonar DGX PCI-E GX2.5 Audio Engine Sound Cards
Do all these parts work together? I thought i did a good job looking them all up and seeing if they matched up in specs...but maybe i forgot something?
I sent back the ram, thinking it might not of matched up with the CPU. Going to try some different ram once i can figure out what to get.
Any help would be great! Please