Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Configure two routers on two DSL accounts throguh single phone line

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mbnoimi

mbnoimi

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

​Hi,

Mistakenly I made two DSL subscriptions on same phone line.

Can I connect two routers for two DSL subscriptions on same phone line?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:50 PM

Short answer: no. Long answer: Who is your ISP?

#3 mbnoimi

mbnoimi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:59 PM

Short answer: no. Long answer: Who is your ISP?

1st subscription: http://www.superonline.net/internet/adsl

2nd subscription: http://kurumsal.turktelekom.com.tr/toptan/internet-hizmetleri/genis-bant/adsl.aspx

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:19 PM

Oh, I'm sorry but I can't find either of those ISP support site. I am not familiar with non-US ISPs.

Think of it like your phone. When someone calls you, a physical signal is sent down the line. A DSL modem works in a similar way just with a different frequency on the line. Your ISP would have to have a method of splitting the DSL signal between two modems, which I have never heard of. This is further supported by this BC thread here. You might be able to have two phone numbers installed on one phone line (as long as RJ11 not RJ9 phone line) and use the separated wiring for each DSL signal. It would be like having two phone lines jammed together into one wire. This would cost more though, and you would need to ask each ISP if they offer it.

Are you still within any warranty period that you could cancel one of the subscriptions without penalty? Did you NEED two DSL connections?

#5 mbnoimi

mbnoimi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:57 PM

Are you still within any warranty period that you could cancel one of the subscriptions without penalty? Did you NEED two DSL connections?

Actually I prefer two DSL connections so I didn't cancel one of these subscriptions.

#6 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

Then you need a second phone line. Otherwise it would be like picking up a cordless phone while someone is already on the line and expecting a dial tone. Only one modem can use the signal for that line at a time. If you need two signals, you need two phone numbers. 

Edited by Trikein, 31 August 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#7 mbnoimi

mbnoimi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users