Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick 2 Questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stranger_Inmyhouse

Stranger_Inmyhouse

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:38 AM

First, thank you in advance. Second, if this is in the wrong place please tell me where to post the questions a I am on information overload at the moment.

1. When we click a link or go directly to your download section and download whatever we are seeking such as anti-virus or even Unhide or another tool, it will tell us we can use that download for a certain Windows version and 32 or 64 bit.  Are those always correct? Example, I have windows 10 but if that is not listed but the download is for 64 bit, which is what I have, will the download work on the computer? If it doesn't work with the computer does it warn a person or does the computer break in some way, or perhaps information output would be incorrect unbeknownst to someone who isn't highly versed on the download? which led me to investigate the tutorials to grasp a stable understanding before using tools and therefore the next question....

2. when I go to tutorials and click a link for an off the wall example "Rkill What it Does and Doesn't Do" there will be two print icons, one by the article and one adjacent to the upward right. If I press either of them a blank (white) page flashes before me and quickly disappears, leading me to believe they printed to an unknown destination. How do I prevent that? BECAUSE...IE tools/print/print preview I can get many pages and that include comments and extra links with pictures. Yes I can not print those pages and tell my printer not to print all the images but then that takes away the screenshots I want, waste of time...etc. I had rather print a clean tidy copy of a tutorial.

UGH.....I am pretty sure I should have pursued an education in computers

Again, thank you kindly for guidance,

Frustrated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:39 AM

Guess I'll answer your questions.

For the first one, it really depends on which tool we're talking about. Some of them won't run if you run them on a different architecture from the one they are built one, while some will. For instance, FRST 32-bit will not run on Windows 64-bit (it'll display an error message saying that the current version of FRST cannot be run on your system). And it's possible for certain tools to report incorrect information on a system if you don't run it on the architecture it was designed on.

I'm currently browsing the thread you're mentionning about RKill, but I don't see any "print" icon anywhere.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Stranger_Inmyhouse

Stranger_Inmyhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:56 AM

Well thank you for answering, and I am sorry you got stuck answering my questions.

For question number 1 thank you for your explanation, I do appreciate it.

For question two, RKill was just an example of a tutorial.  I do not know how to attach a screenshot so provided is an exact link of a tutorial from Bleeping Computer and there are two printer icons one next to the search box where one can search tutorials and one just above it near the right edge. On the tutorials THAT I HAVE VIEWED the printer icons are there, thus I assumed if I click them then the tutorial would be sent to a printer.  On my computer the screen flashes and nothing happens on my computer that I can see nor does anything print.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/close-a-program-using-task-manager/

Since you took the time to reply I wanted to explain where I see print icons however, since posting I found a way to print what I need and my solution will suffice, so no need wasting your time on the topic.

I bid you a good day, perhaps our paths will cross in another topic/forum. Take care

Guess I'll answer your questions.

For the first one, it really depends on which tool we're talking about. Some of them won't run if you run them on a different architecture from the one they are built one, while some will. For instance, FRST 32-bit will not run on Windows 64-bit (it'll display an error message saying that the current version of FRST cannot be run on your system). And it's possible for certain tools to report incorrect information on a system if you don't run it on the architecture it was designed on.

I'm currently browsing the thread you're mentionning about RKill, but I don't see any "print" icon anywhere.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:19 AM

Now I know what you're referring to. I'm able to reproduce the issue. In Internet Explorer, it opens the "Print" window quickly and then closes it. In Google Chrome, it opened it once, then I closed it and I wasn't able to open it again after. I'll send a PM to Grinler so he can check this thread and see if it's indeed a bug with the site or not.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users