Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop screen black, no picture, but can get picture on external monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hockeymidget8

hockeymidget8

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:49 PM

Hello,

Last week, I opened up my HP Envy m6 Sleekbook in the morning, and the screen remained blank and black. I tried closing the screen and opening it again several times, as well as forcing a restart with the power button, but no luck.

I closed it and gave up for a few hours. Later in the day, I came back and opened it up, and it was working as usual.

Today the same problem is happening again. It's been a few hours and still no display.

To troubleshoot, I tried connecting my laptop to my TV with an hdmi cord. As it turns out, when I do this I can see my screen on the TV as expected.

There is no back light or anything on my laptop screen, just dark, blank nothingness. I tried shining a light on the screen to see if I could see anything (maybe the back light was just totally fried) but still didn't see anything.

So I'm thinking I'm going to have to get a new screen/laptop at this point, but before I did that I wanted to post here to see if there was anything else to try.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:16 AM

Depends how comfortable you are in dismantllng it - check Ribbon Cable Connection { if loose } or anything noticable out of place ?

If it checks out ok , it may be the Screen itself / and require replacement.

Maybe a Shop can check and replace if required or you can try yourself.

See here for HOWTO -  

Edited by Havachat, 31 August 2016 - 05:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users