Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome problem - crashes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 enchantment

enchantment

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

Hello, guys!
For some time I've got a problem with Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95669?hl=en
I've done my research and tried various solutions found on many forums but nothing has helped. The situations(with similar problems) seem pretty specific, so maybe the reason is specific as well... Anyway, I don't remember when the error began to appear, and I don't know what could be the cause.. The error appears not only on chrome, but also on Opera, although I installed it when chrome had been already broken. The most often failure occurs when I try to turn on a movie - whether on youtube, or some series site - but also when I go on facebook. Sometimes, refreshing a page like 10 times makes things alright, but generally the error is more problematic. What's more, it occurs irregularly.
"0xC0000008 - STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE" - the error.
I have already turned off hardware acceleration in the browser and done memtest. I have already tried turning off avast and comodo internet security and I reset the browser's settings. How to fix it?
Thank you in advance:)

Edited by enchantment, 30 August 2016 - 06:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:01 PM

My guess is a Anti-virus program or software that is brokering the HTTP requests. Why do you have Avast and Comodo? If both have active firewalls, that could be the problem.

Also, does it effect others or other devices on the network? 

Last, when the problem happens, what does a speed test say?

#3 enchantment

enchantment
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:09 AM

As far as I know, the free avast doesn't have any firewall, and that's why I've installed comodo internet security. But you may be right, as one of comodo's files called "cmdagent" is recorded as causing errors - a few dozen per hour. http://pokazywarka.pl/qd9z93/ - here you are, like 250+ per hour. Should I change a firewall?

No, it does affect only Chrome and Opera. 

Speedtest result isn't effected in any way. 

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:20 AM

Depends on the version. Premier and Internet Security 2016 both have firewalls. I would try uninstalling Comodo and see if it is better.

#5 enchantment

enchantment
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:48 PM

WOW! It turned out COMODO was a massive problem. Not only it was the cause of the one I wrote before but as well of delay when playing videos on youtube, and I had thought that nothing could be done here. 

Now I need to find another firewall because a free version of avast doesn't have one, as I said before.

Thanks for help!

#6 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:55 PM

What do you need the firewall for? If it is just for basic security, the firewall in your router and operating system (post Vista) should be enough. Automated firewalls in the consumer world cause more problems then they fix IMO. See here for a blog on the topic. They suggest Glasswire, which is hosted here on BC.com, but I have never personally used it. Maybe try out the trial version?

Edited by Trikein, 31 August 2016 - 02:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users