Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Cannot Receive Signal From Video Card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Middlebeach

Middlebeach

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:57 PM

So recently I returned to the UK after a long time in the US. While I was in the US I took the time to build a PC due to the cheaper prices of electronics. I built a PC and when it was time to go back to the UK I boxed it up extremely carefully, supported with styrofoam and a wooden frame support.

The computer worked fine in the US, but when I got to the UK I couldn't connect the video card to any monitor, even though the video card's fan turned on, and it lit up. I tried 2 different tv's and 2 different monitors (all of which my laptop successfully connected to), and it couldn't pick up a signal.

Things I tried to fix it: - Reinstalling video card - Rewiring the whole PC - Changing cords - Changing monitors - Uninstalling all video card drivers - Checking power supply - Unplugging pc, holding down power button for a minute, restarting

When I took the video card out and plugged my monitor into the motherboard, it worked fine. Which tells me that it is not an issue with the motherboard.

I know there is a chance that the card may be fried but it being a GTX 1080 I want to do anything that I can to fix it. Any other suggestions/comments would greatly be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:29 PM

Do I remember correctly that there is a difference in the frequency of the power between the US and the UK? 60Hz vs 50Hz. If the graphics card is not designed to copy with the difference that could be the key. I'm assuming that you have made the necessary voltage changes so that you are not trying to fry your components :thumbup2:

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users