Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Extremely slow graphics even in BIOS after blue screen of death. Please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 anupamnath

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:39 AM

Let me elaborate..

Some technician took my computer to install new ram on the motherboard. Since then frequent blue screen error started happening. After blue screen error computer restarts & checks disk ( windows chkdsk function ) ,it always finds some problem , gives me messages like 'removing corrupt entries' etc. After disk checking completes as soon as the windows opens I again saw that same blue screen error ,next the computer restarts , again disk checking , again blue screen error & the same thing happens over & over again. I found that 'checking disk' process actually worsens the situation. Somehow after lots of helpless rebooting for some days regularly (stopping that 'disk check' each time, ofcourse) the pc starts behaving quite normally. Still for each reboot I face that 'windows will check disk for consistency' message & I quickly press any key to stop that disk check process. If that disk checking starts even for once then the problem would come to torment me for couple of days. Also with it I face regularly lots of software crashes especially the web browser.

Couple of days before I forgot to stop that disk checking process & it started automatically. Again I faced blue screen error & pc restarting everytime I boot. But this time it got really severe. I just can't bring back my pc to normal.Before some days my pc graphics became extremely slow. Like when I click an icon I see that window slowly increasing for some seconds to come to its normal size. Even the graphics available at BIOS (like pc manufacturer logo) is so slow that I can see the graphics taking form step by step. Everything right down to my BIOS is affected! My pc has become next to useless.

Please Note that I am 100% sure that it is not affected with any kind of virus as I have not installed any software other than products from microsoft & adobe.

Please help! I am considering getting a part-time job to get the money to buy a new computer!

Edited by anupamnath, 30 August 2016 - 09:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HonorGamer

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

If you are getting BSODs since they installed the new RAM, there is probably a compatibility issue with that RAM. To be sure though, I would head over to the BSOD section of the community (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/233/windows-crashes-bsod-and-hangs-help-and-support/) and follow the BSOD posting instructions (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/) This way a BSOD Analyst can help you figure the problem better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users