Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HEUR:Trojan.WinLNK.StartPage.gena

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 8038

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:55 PM

I changed my harddrive and tried to install Win 10. There were (and still is) drivers missing but I tried to install Win 10 anyway. Installation stopped after 5-6 hours multiple times + restored the operating system back to original Win 7. I went trough many guides how to deal with the installation problem, but none helped. I tried to install drivers from hp, but there were every time some kind of failure which caused the installation to stop. So I installed trial of Kapersky, and it found the trojan mentioned on topic, but it were unable to remove it. After that I installed Spyhunter according to some advice, but it did not clean it without money. I thought 100 eur was too much for uncertain removal attempt. So I installed hijackthis, but I did not have enough fate to auto-fix everything it suggested since there were important-sounding stuff on the list.

Would you please help me to get this out of my system

Kind regards,

Marko Virtanen

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 39,508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:02 PM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
  • Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
  • If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.
POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.

Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

===

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
  • Click the LogFile button and the report will open in Notepad.
IMPORTANT
  • If you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.
If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
  • Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.
  • Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.
  • A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
  • You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleanerCx.txt (x is a number).
===

Please post the logs.

Run the Farbar tool one more time and include frst FRST and Addition.txt log for my review.

Let me know what problem persists with this computer.

#3 8038

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:03 PM

Hi nasdaq,

Thanks for help already at this point. I did the tricks you told me to do:

1. Executed MBAM, see log  (in Finnish, but i think you'll manage with it)

2. Executed AdwCleaner, see logs

3. Executed FRST, see logs

I really dont know if anything is still bothering in this machine since those three things were the only things I've done so far. Maybe I try to do something else after this message.

rgrds,

Marko

Attached Files

#4 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 39,508 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:32 PM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===
Remove these programs via the Control Panel > > Programs and Features
BS Player ControlBar Toolbar (HKLM-x32\...\BS_Player_ControlBar Toolbar) (Version: 6.12.0.11 - BS Player ControlBar) <==== ATTENTION
GoPhoto.it V9.0 (HKLM-x32\...\GoPhoto.it V9.0) (Version: 1.34.7.1 - installdaddy) <==== ATTENTION
===

Press the windows key Windows_Logo_key.gif+ r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.
Type Notepad and and click the OK key.
Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\RunOnce: [DeleteOnReboot] => C:\Users\ADMINI~1.VEI\AppData\Local\Temp\DeleteOnReboot.bat [472 2016-08-31] () <===== ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1880034110-31170761-1348376773-500\...\RunOnce: [Report] => C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C0].txt [17863 2016-08-31] ()
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [  OverlayExcluded] -> {4433A54A-1AC8-432F-90FC-85F045CF383C} =>  No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [  OverlayPending] -> {F17C0B1E-EF8E-4AD4-8E1B-7D7E8CB23225} =>  No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [  OverlayProtected] -> {476D0EA3-80F9-48B5-B70B-05E677C9C148} =>  No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [00avast] -> {472083B0-C522-11CF-8763-00608CC02F24} =>  No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt1] -> {FB314ED9-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} =>  No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt2] -> {FB314EDA-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} =>  No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt3] -> {FB314EDB-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} =>  No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt4] -> {FB314EDC-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} =>  No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [GDriveSharedOverlay] -> {81539FE6-33C7-4CE7-90C7-1C7B8F2F2D44} =>  No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [DropboxExt1] -> {FB314ED9-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} =>  No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [DropboxExt2] -> {FB314EDA-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} =>  No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [DropboxExt3] -> {FB314EDB-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} =>  No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [DropboxExt4] -> {FB314EDC-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} =>  No File
GroupPolicy: Restriction - Chrome <======= ATTENTION
URLSearchHook: HKLM-x32 -> Default = {FE69C007-C452-4d3e-86D2-1730DF8BC871}
FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled [No File]
FF HKLM\...\Thunderbird\Extensions: [eplgTb@eset.com] - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Mozilla Thunderbird => not found
FF HKLM-x32\...\Firefox\Extensions: [{ABDE892B-13A8-4d1b-88E6-365A6E755758}] - C:\ProgramData\RealNetworks\RealDownloader\BrowserPlugins\Firefox\Ext => not found
FF HKLM-x32\...\Thunderbird\Extensions: [eplgTb@eset.com] - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Mozilla Thunderbird => not found
CHR Extension: (Similar Sites) - C:\Users\Administrator.veiko-PC\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\hidjnkeodmholilgafgdlgmgggbhnigl [2016-08-25]
CHR Extension: (Chrome Web Store Payments) - C:\Users\Administrator.veiko-PC\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda [2016-08-25]
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [hidjnkeodmholilgafgdlgmgggbhnigl] - C:\Users\veiko\AppData\Roaming\SimilarSites\similarsites.crx <not found>
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [ogccgbmabaphcakpiclgcnmcnimhokcj] - C:\Users\veiko\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\External Extensions\{EEE6C373-6118-11DC-9C72-001320C79847}\SweetNT.crx <not found>
S3 ewusbmbb; system32\DRIVERS\ewusbwwan.sys [X]
S3 ewusbnet; system32\DRIVERS\ewusbnet.sys [X]
S3 ew_hwusbdev; system32\DRIVERS\ew_hwusbdev.sys [X]
S3 ew_usbenumfilter; system32\DRIVERS\ew_usbenumfilter.sys [X]
S3 huawei_cdcacm; system32\DRIVERS\ew_jucdcacm.sys [X]
S3 huawei_cdcecm; system32\DRIVERS\ew_jucdcecm.sys [X]
S3 huawei_enumerator; system32\DRIVERS\ew_jubusenum.sys [X]
S3 huawei_ext_ctrl; system32\DRIVERS\ew_juextctrl.sys [X]
S3 huawei_wwanecm; system32\DRIVERS\ew_juwwanecm.sys [X]
S3 hwdatacard; system32\DRIVERS\ewusbmdm.sys [X]
S3 hwusbdev; system32\DRIVERS\ewusbdev.sys [X]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\Temp:DFC5A2B2 [115]
FirewallRules: [{0A01F15A-0F8A-44CA-A2A0-8E25AFCF7AE4}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\SweetIM\Communicator\SweetPacksUpdateManager.exe
FirewallRules: [{FEE1EFDC-C126-4F4C-8E7C-15F533CF4482}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\SweetIM\Communicator\SweetPacksUpdateManager.exe
FirewallRules: [{A6DBEE46-2E41-40DE-A437-E5D86766DA73}] => (Allow) C:\ProgramData\eSafe\eGdpSvc.exe
FirewallRules: [TCP Query User{E163DD7D-A9FA-49C7-9C13-859385921F53}C:\users\veiko\appdata\roaming\torntv.com\torntv downloader.exe] => (Block) C:\users\veiko\appdata\roaming\torntv.com\torntv downloader.exe
FirewallRules: [UDP Query User{18D64606-D803-4F0C-949B-EAB1BE87D30B}C:\users\veiko\appdata\roaming\torntv.com\torntv downloader.exe] => (Block) C:\users\veiko\appdata\roaming\torntv.com\torntv downloader.exe
C:\users\veiko\appdata\roaming\torntv.com
C:\ProgramData\eSafe
C:\Program Files (x86)\SweetIM
C:\Users\Administrator.veiko-PC\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\hidjnkeodmholilgafgdlgmgggbhnigl
C:\Users\Administrator.veiko-PC\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.

The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please post the log and let me know what problem persists.

#5 8038

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:07 PM

Hi nasdaq,

Could not remove these programs via the Control Panel
BS Player ControlBar Toolbar (HKLM-x32\...\BS_Player_ControlBar Toolbar) (Version: 6.12.0.11 - BS Player ControlBar) <==== ATTENTION
GoPhoto.it V9.0 (HKLM-x32\...\GoPhoto.it V9.0) (Version: 1.34.7.1 - installdaddy) <==== ATTENTION

For both I got notification: "An error occurred while trying to uninstall <Program name>. It may have already been uninstalled. Would you like to remove <Program name> from the Programs and Features list?"

I did not remove them from the list. Should I before I go further?

rgrds,

Marko

#6 8038

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:27 AM

Hi nasdaq,

Well... I figured out that removing them from program list would not be anything too dangerous. So I did delete the programs from list. And then executed the FRST with fixlist. Please find the outcome enclosed. I was running on safe mode so restore point was not made.

rgrds,

Marko

Attached Files

#7 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 39,508 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:50 AM

Any remaining issues?

0 user(s) are reading this topic