Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Locking up during large file transfers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gabrildraven

gabrildraven

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

Hello,

I have been facing this issue MS put me on a newer version of Windows 10 to get around the RAID issue they were having with the anniversary update. Now when I am trying to download large work files from the company FTP the computer will randomly lockup and I am forced to do a hard reset to recover it. The files being downloaded are generally in the 2 - 3 gb range though it may also do it with smaller files as well. I did a fresh reinstall thinking it may have been a damaged driver issue however the issue persists. I am at a loss as to what else to try or what might be causing the issue. Any advice on this would be welcomed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:31 PM

Your thread title indicates that this problem occurs during file transfer, but reading your post you indicate that this problem occurs during file download. Which is it?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 gabrildraven

gabrildraven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:32 PM

Sorry it is download, I considered it a transfer since it is still copying from one location to another.

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,756 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:35 PM

What web browser are you using?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 gabrildraven

gabrildraven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:37 PM

I am using Filezila for the download. I use Firefox as my web browser however I never log into the FTP with it.

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,756 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:41 PM

Does your company have access to the phone support?

https://filezilla-project.org/phone_support.php

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 gabrildraven

gabrildraven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:45 PM

Yes called them they said they believe it is the new version of Windows 10 causing the issue, Filezilla backs that up as well. They both say since the new update/upgrade they have been getting calls on this problem and they advise to go back to the previous version on Windows 10 then avoid the new update which I am unsure how to do as Windows 10 automatically applies the updates. I have looked before and can't seem to find a way to turn off the auto update in Windows 10.

Edited by gabrildraven, 29 August 2016 - 02:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users