Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Popup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 colton

colton

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:47 PM

I keep getting these annoying popups every few minutes. One says spyware setup wizard. It says I have spyware installed on my computer. At the bottom it has two buttons that say next and cancel. I always cancel. The other says malicious software wizard. Everything is the same with it.

Edited by colton, 17 August 2006 - 06:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:27 PM

Have you updated, and run your antivirus?
Have you done any online virus scans?
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
Also this online Trojan scanner:
TrojanScan

Have you run any Spyware/Malware programs?
ewido - Windows 2000 and XP, only.
Ad-Aware
Spybot S&D

What Spyware/Malware programs do you use?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:56 PM

Do the Popups tell you the name of the program?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 colton

colton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:14 PM

One of them looks like this

Microsoft Internet Explorer

"question mark inside speaking bubble picture" Warning!
w32.Myzor.FK@yf is a virus that infects files with .Exe extensions. It attempts to steal passwords and private information from the infected computer.

It then says type, infection length systems affected systems not affected technical details and recommendations to click ok to download officially approved security software always keep your patch levels up to date.

Ok cancel

Then when I press cancel, I get this other one. (sometimes this one pops up whenever I click on another webpage or link). It says

Malicious Software Removal Wizard

Warning: Efficient anti-virus protection software was not found on this computer.
It tells what anti-virus software does ( I already know all this, I've read it hundreds of times before), that an immediate scan is strongly recommended to prevent files corruption and loss of documents, blah, blah, blah.
To scan your computer for viruses, spyware, trojans and other malicious objects, please click next button below.

When I push next, another window pops up saying this program will download and install WinAntiVirus Pro 2006 on your PC. By clicking continue you are accepting our terms and conditions. Of course, this is a program you have to buy, right? I already have a virus protection program, AVG Anti-Virus free edition and Ewido anti-spyware.

Also, when I look up some things, ie ventriloquism, I get this yellowish banner right below my search bars that has a yellow shield with an exclamation mark followed by The page you are looking for is probably blocked by adware/spyware on your PC. Remove it with System Doctor software. Click here. When I do, it gives a link to download a free scan from system doctor and install it on my computer. This program you have to buy. Oh, and the page doesn't show up, it says The page cannot be displayed. How frustrating!!

Oh, now I get this little popup on my taskbar with the same exclamation mark inside a yellow shield saying System Alert: Trojan-Spyware.Win32@mx Type, vulnerable, description, protection Click this balloon to download official security software. I keeps poppping up every few seconds, regardless is I close it or not. Then when I do click on the balloon, I get a page for PestTrap for a free scan and to pay for the program! I hate this so much. I want to throw this freakin' computer out the window out onto Route 30!!!

Edited by colton, 29 August 2006 - 07:23 PM.

#5 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:29 PM

colton: You could post a HiJackthis log in our HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.
Before you do, please read and follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

Our HJT is very busy right now. So it may take a few days before someone can take a look at your log.

Good-luck.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users