Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sd-steam.info opening on IE after startup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 hugr

hugr

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:25 AM

When I start up my computer an IE window opens up with zodiac-game.info URL. I tried deactivating it in the Windows Startup window and deleting it from the registry but after starting up the computer twice it appears again. As requested, I've left everything untouched again, both the registry and the Windows Startup process and ran farbar recovery scan tool.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:08 PM

Hello

•   Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
  •   My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
  •   Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
  •   If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
  •   Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
  •   In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.
  •   Finally, please reply using the Post button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
  •   I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#3 hugr

hugr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:27 AM

Oh sorry, somehow the logs weren't uploaded.

Attached File  Addition.txt   53.27KB   4 downloadsAttached File  FRST.txt   33.7KB   3 downloads

#4 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:15 AM

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST/FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • The tool will start to update its database...please wait until complete.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Logfile button...a report (AdwCleaner[SX].txt) will open in Notepad (where the largest value of X represents the most recent report).
  • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[CX].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of X represents the most recent report).
  • Copy and paste the contents of AdwCleaner[CX].txt in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved to C:\AdwCleaner.

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#5 hugr

hugr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:49 PM

Sorry I've been really busy lately so I couldn't reply quickly. Here are the logs

Attached File  AdwCleanerC0.txt   2.12KB   1 downloads

Attached File  Fixlog.txt   8.05KB   1 downloads

I noticed zodiac-game.info still pops on IE after startup

Edited by hugr, 31 August 2016 - 08:51 PM.

#6 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:13 AM

Please run FRST Again as you did the first time you ran it. Make sure the Addition.txt box is checked. Then post the new FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#7 hugr

hugr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:12 AM

Attached File  Addition.txt   49.91KB   3 downloads

Attached File  FRST.txt   32.93KB   5 downloads

#8 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:31 AM

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware photo.jpg?sz=48 and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click on the setup file (mbam-setup.exe), then click on Run to install.
  • Malwarebytes will automatically open to its Dashboard. If you have never run this version, you should see a red note at the top indicating "A scan has never been run on your system"

malwarebytes-anti-malware-fix-now.jpg
  • Click on Update Now to download the current database definitions, then click the Scan Now >> button.
  • If you have run this version before, you should see a green note at the top indicating "Your system is fully protected".
  • You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes...click on the Update Now button.

malwarebytes-anti-malware-2-0-update-now
  • The THREAT SCAN will automatically begin.

malwarebytes-anti-malware-scan.jpg
  • When the scan has completed, the results will be displayed. Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions.

malwarebytes-anti-malware-potential-thre
  • To complete any actions taken you will be prompted to restart your computer...click on Yes. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.

mbam4_zps490948cc.png
  • After rebooting the computer, copy and paste the mbam.log in your next reply.

To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 scan log information (Method 1)
  • Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Click the History Tab at the top and select Application Logs.
  • Select (check) the box next to Scan Log. Choose the most current scan.
  • Click the View button.
  • Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.
  • Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 scan log information (Method 2)
  • Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Click the Scan Tab at the top.
  • Click the View detailed log link on the right.
  • Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.
  • Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Logs are named by the date of scan in the following format: mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd and automatically saved to the following locations:
-- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd
-- Vista, Windows 7/8: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#9 hugr

hugr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:17 AM

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 9/1/2016
Scan Time: 11:45 AM
Logfile: 
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.2.1.1043
Malware Database: v2016.09.01.08
Rootkit Database: v2016.08.15.01
License: Trial
Malware Protection: Enabled
Malicious Website Protection: Enabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: Leonardo

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 328817
Time Elapsed: 25 min, 28 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 1
RiskWare.GameHack, C:\Program Files (x86)\Grow Home\steam_api.dll, Quarantined, [827acaa2f4a613236d70307747bd43bd], 

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

#10 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:54 PM

Still getiing popup for sd- steam?

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#11 hugr

hugr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:24 PM

Restarted twice, still getting the popup

#12 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST/FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Let me know if its still popping up

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#13 hugr

hugr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:48 PM

The sd-steam.info popup is gone, even the entry on Windows' startup window, yay.

Attached File  Fixlog.txt   5.69KB   1 downloads

But now when I used chrome to reply to you these two pages appeared on it

http://tejji.com/ 

chrome-extension://kbnfbcpkiaganjpcanopcgeoehkleeck/options.htm

Edited by hugr, 01 September 2016 - 02:51 PM.

#14 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

Chrome may have been infected also. I would uninstall and reinstall Chrome. If it ask to delete any user files when uninstalling let it. Let me know if all is ok after that.

Edited by fireman4it, 01 September 2016 - 03:10 PM.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#15 hugr

hugr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

Alright, I did it, so far it all seems ok. Thank you so so much for your help and quick responses. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users