Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Davesmith

Davesmith

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:05 AM

Can anyone do this question for me i need help.

A network needs to be set up with six subnets. Given the IPv4 class C address 192.168.50.0, what subnet mask value should be used? How many hosts can be in each subnet? Explain your answer and use binary representation to show how you calculated the answer.

Write no more than 100 words. You will also need to show numerical working as well, which is not included in the word count.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:41 AM

Two hints:

1. learn to use a online CIDR/subnet calculator

2. trick question: there is no subnet break at 6 subnets.  /30=4 and /29=8 subnets  You will go with the 8

http://www.subnet-calculator.com/cidr.php

Edited by Wand3r3r, 29 August 2016 - 09:42 AM.

#3 Davesmith

Davesmith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:47 AM

i really have tried i cannot do it let alone work it out.

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:21 AM

Are you asking for help with a problem or the answer to a homework assignment? I would be willing to help, but I sure in heck am NOT putting my answer to 100 words, or in the form of a haiku , or what ever other stipulation is on the question.  :grinner: Also, if you find you aren't getting the help you were looking for, try helping others on the forum. Pay it forward. 

#5 Davesmith

Davesmith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:55 AM

its a homework assignment, and i can understand its alot to ask. and im more than willing to help others.

#6 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:46 PM

Dave you are over thinking a very simple question. Subnetting is simple if you forget the doing it by hand and expressing it in binary.  That's what the calculator will do for you.

"what subnet mask value should be used?"

You can't see I already answered that question for you?  Review my post.  Perhaps the light bulb will light up for you.

So you are given 192.168.50.0 for your start point.  Do you understand that you have 192.168.50.0 to 192.168.50.255 to work with? 

Lets see what you have learned so far: can you use .0 or .255 in your list of usable addresses for this subnet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users