Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't fully power up.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Malavio

Malavio

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:14 AM

My fiancee computer has been shutting down randomly and it has been becoming progressivly worse of late. So being the genius that I am, I opened her desktop up and took a look around. Lo and behold, the cpu cooler was clogged up with massive amounts of dust. So I pulled it off, and installed an upgraded cooler that I had received with a new processor I had purchased for my own rig.  I unhooked everything pulled off the old cooler assembly and installed the upgraded one according to instructions. Put it all back together and now it will not complete a power up. 

The computer starts the power up sequence like normal gets to just past the bios flash, we see the windows symbol come up for about 1 second then the computer powers back down immediately. I have gone through and checked all the connections checked the power switch plug to make sure it is right. Still no change to the power up failure.

OS windows 10

MB Biostar A85W

CPU aMD A6 don't remember more than that for details

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Malavio

Malavio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:39 AM

I was able to solve the issue with a windows repair disk in the drive. The boot priority altered to show the dvd drive as first with windows boot manager second. Powered up perfectly didn't even look at the disk as far as I could tell. Problem solved.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for letting us know of your self-resolution.

Happy computing :).

Louis

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:04 PM

It's just that simple when you have that disk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users