Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to uninstall AISuite3 even after cleaner

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 perry_jay

perry_jay

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:58 PM

I was having problems with AISuite3/DIP5 not remembering my OC settings, so I decided to use AI Tweaker in the bios instead (I know, I know).

After uninstalling all components of AISuite3 via the program uninstaller and running CCleaner and the AISuite3 Cleaner several times (including Safe Mode), the multiplier continues to default to the last setting used in DIP5 when I log into Windows.

Interestingly, vcore settings are correct as per my bios settings. But when I log back into my Windows profile, the multiplier runs correctly for a second, then quickly reverts back. 

I've deleted anything I can find ASUS-related in the registry (after backing it up of course!) and I'm unable to figure out what is reaching back into the bios and changing the multiplier. Please help.

WIN7-64 : Z97-A : 4770k

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,310 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

The only thing I can recommend is to install and run AutoRuns. Do a search for anything related to your program especially in the drivers section. Did you reset your UEFI settings back to default?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

#3 perry_jay

perry_jay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:06 PM

Yes, I reset UEFI to default several times. Using Autoruns I disabled asio.sys and asupio.sys, both related to AISuite. Same problem.

I'm wondering if I need to reset the bios?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,310 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

Do you mean reflash the BIOS. I am not sure of that. There is always a chance something can go wrong.

What Asus motherboard is it?  I am not familiar with AITweaker. Is this part of the UEFI settings? If it is and the multiplier keeps changing then you may need to reflash but some manufacturers will not allow one to flash the BIOS if it is the latest.

Would it be possible reinstall AISuite3/DIP5 and change the multiplier using it? I don't know.

#5 perry_jay

perry_jay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:45 PM

Motherboard is Z97-A, I have reset bios settings to default several times, bios is latest version.

Yes, AITweaker is part of the bios - it's the OC utility. But the OC component of AISuite - Dual Intelligent Processors 5, or DIP5, overrides the bios, allowing one to OC via software. I should have know better. It worked for a while, then stopped remember multiplier settings. That's why I'm attempting to move back to using the bios/AITweaker, which is what I should have done in the first place...

I've tried uninstalling /reinstalling AISuite, which is a pain because it is poorly written and requires an additional 'cleaner' (which doesn't remove all remaining drivers/services). I've dug around the registry,

I'm at a loss. So that's why I'm wondering if resetting the bios is in order.  

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,310 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:55 PM

I think you may have a better answer on the ASUS forums. When I googled there were a few questions on AITweaker and AISuite. I think they would be able to give you a better answer regarding a possible solution or if a flash is necessary. I don't know if you have already visited the VIP forum but there is also a ROG forum that is pretty good.

Personally, I think you may need to reflash the BIOS. Somehow AISuite tied into the UEFI firmware, changed it, and not for the better.

#7 perry_jay

perry_jay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:00 PM

Yes I think you may be right.

Thanks for all your effort, I appreciate it.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,310 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

No problem, If you do get it resolved please post back with an update. It will help other people who may be dealing with the same problem.

#9 perry_jay

perry_jay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:54 AM

So I figured out the problem. I was using RealTemp to monitor temps, which has a setting called 'disable Turbo', which for some reason I had checked. Anyway, even though I had turbo disabled in some OC configurations and not others, it would not allow the multiplier past the CPU default under any circumstances. Once I unchecked that box - voila.

I'm just happy it's working properly - it was driving me mad! Thanks for all the suggestions, much appreciated!

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,310 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:36 AM

Nice Troubleshooting. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your solution. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users