Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Revert bad pc a mess

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 redroset

redroset

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:02 PM

Tried to revert to Win7 from Win10 without knowing 30-day rule.  Created a mess and now trying to restore previous Win10 setup but can't find Bookmarks. Any suggestions?

I've been able to set-up Firefox, Yahoo, Google, Bookmarks Toolbar (am having to re-add what was there), but my old Bookmarks I can't find. I hope someone can help me please.

Thank you for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,627 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:58 PM

If it did not get overwritten your bookmarks would be in the profile folder. You may have more than one profile. Look through them all.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\

Bookmarks, Downloads and Browsing History: The places.sqlite file contains all your Firefox bookmarks and lists of all the files you've downloaded and websites you’ve visited. The bookmarkbackups folder stores bookmark backup files, which can be used to restore your bookmarks. 

%APPDATA% is a hidden folder. You will need to unhide hidden folders first.

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10.html

Edited by JohnC_21, 28 August 2016 - 10:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users