Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video card and/or Power supply acting up.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Forty90

Forty90

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

HI!

I have a PC with two monitors. A few days ago while i was using it, the screens went black and the video card fans began running at high speed.

The screen didn't come back until restart. At first i didn't mind it as i was playing a game on high quality, i thought it might be the temperature,

but it wasn't and it happened again while i was browsing the internet a bit later. So i checked it and the cables seem to melt a bit at the connections

(Picture included in this link: http://imgur.com/a/c9yjk ).

Does this mean a power supply issue; is getting a new one going to solve it? I don't have an other power supply lying around to test it.

MB: ASROCK B85M-DGS

VC: POWERCOLOR AXR9 290 4GBD5-PPDHE PICE

PS: XFX TS Series 550W Bronze

Proc: INTEL Core i5-4460 3.20GHz 1150 BOX

Thank you for your time!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users