Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Memory (GB) or Speed (MHz) When Gaming?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Yanez

Yanez

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:54 AM

Hello everyone, i am planning to build myself a new gaming pc.  There are people here much smarter than me in these things.

I have a question; Which card should I opt for?

1. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137032

2. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137033

3. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487263

(admins, if links are not allowed I´m sorry and will quickly remove)

Price doesn´t affect much, but I was confused as to whether I should opt with the one with 3GB but higher MHz or 4GB but lower MHz.

If it makes a difference, I plan for Battlefield 1 and Civilization VI.

Thank tou guys in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,441 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:22 AM

It's much more complex than just memory GB or memory MHz.

Other parts?

From those, first one is out of stock and AMD cards are much more future proof than Nvidia's so I'd go with RX 480.

#3 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:33 PM

GDDR3 vs GDDR5 makes a big difference. GDDR3 and 4 is super outdated, so definitely go with 5. Also the latest cards are the R4xxx cards by AMD and the 9xx and 1xxx GeForce cards by NVIDIA. The 1xxx cards introduce much more performance at the same price or lower.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:05 AM

There are other things to run game. RX 480 is perfect for gaming without any hesitation. i am not telling gtx 1060 is not good but amd are more dependable for future gaming.
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users