Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

setting up wifi network via router with no internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 queenofthorns

queenofthorns

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:06 AM

Hi, I'm trying to set up a home network for wireless devices without any internet connection. The idea is to use the router to set up an ip security camera system.

We have:

N300 Netgear WiFi Router

3 x Cammy CI-320 cameras

Lenovo ideapad 100S-14IBR laptop (Windows 10 Home 64-bit)

iSpy Connect (video surveillance software)

I have been trying to figure this thing out and am getting nowhere! I really don't know anything about any of this stuff - all the installation/setup guides for the router, adding cameras to iSpy, using the Cammy app etc either don't work without an internet connection or don't work for some other reason.

Can anyone help me with a step-by-step for absolute dummies? What we want is soooooo simple - a wireless security camera system without any internet connection. Sorry if I am completely clueless about what I'm asking for help with here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:51 AM

TBO this isn't something a novice typically has the experience to do. Are you ready for a learning curve? I can "dumb" it down as much as possible, but there are certian key networking concepts that need to be understood on some basic level.

How about we start with what you have tried so far? Are the camera connected to the router? If so, ethernet or wireless? Can you ping the camera's from the computer with iSpy? If so, have you tried the instructions labeled "MP4, ASF, RTSP and other IP Camera Sources via VLC" found about half way down page here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users