Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help With BlueSceen Issue

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Timoffie

Timoffie

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:57 AM

Hi There Friends,

Not 100% sure why my pc keeps locking up randomly while gaming making me have to restart it cause screens stuck on whatever  it was on not leaving any dump files,  but sometimes get a rare occasion where it does bluescreen and i manage to save the dump file when it bluescreened this time and i'm just wondering if anyone knows what it could be thanks.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HonorGamer

HonorGamer

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:07 AM

Hello! Welcome to Bleeping Computer,

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

This is probably caused by your RAM. So I suggest running a Memtest86 for a minimum of 8 passes. https://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/3909-test-ram-memtest86.html

Once you are done please post back with a picture of your results!

Edited by HonorGamer, 28 August 2016 - 08:09 AM.

#3 Timoffie

Timoffie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:20 AM

Hello! Welcome to Bleeping Computer,

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

This is probably caused by your RAM. So I suggest running a Memtest86 for a minimum of 8 passes. https://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/3909-test-ram-memtest86.html

Once you are done please post back with a picture of your results!

i'll give it a try and see what happens try and get a photo may not be the best my back camera on my phone isn't working so gotta use the front it also seemed like it was a memory issue to me so ill get back to you soon as i can

Edit - I ran it and not sure if it's safe as my cpu is getting upto 99 Celsius and showing 0 passes and 0 errors can't work out how to add a picture to this edit using a phone to show where I got upto so I'll try post separate later when I wake up sorry not sure if I'm doing it right or being to worried about my pc catching fire lol

Edit - redoing the test now in the morning and cpu is sitting fine on 65 after turning the pc off so will leave it for 8 passes

Edited by Timoffie, 28 August 2016 - 05:42 PM.

#4 HonorGamer

HonorGamer

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:33 PM

Edit - redoing the test now in the morning and cpu is sitting fine on 65 after turning the pc off so will leave it for 8 passes 

Sounds good.

#5 Timoffie

Timoffie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:48 AM

Sounds good.

5 out of 8 passes no errors so far been running for just over 9 hours I assume I just take a picture of my screen as it's going when it hits 8 passes or do I need to press c and Go to any of the options I see there?

#6 HonorGamer

HonorGamer

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:56 AM

You can take a picture of it with your phone, or whatever is convient for you, then attach it to your post. The thing about memory tests is that the error may even pop up on the 9th pass. However, 8 should generally do it. 

#7 Timoffie

Timoffie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:09 AM

Alright well I'll try keep it going as long as I can stay up just so I can watch over the CPU temp it's been staying around 63- 70 today so far so it's been good, thanks for this help by the way

#8 HonorGamer

HonorGamer

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:12 AM

Sounds good! Keep me updated! And you are welcome!

#9 Timoffie

Timoffie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:16 AM

Sounds good! Keep me updated! And you are welcome!

8 passes no errors yet I'll wait till 9 then take a picture of my screen

Edit - 9 passes completed and 0 errors will try for 10 passes I have taken pictures though and will put them on my pc and zip file them up and add them here

Edited by Timoffie, 29 August 2016 - 08:55 AM.

#10 Timoffie

Timoffie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:18 AM

here you go took a picture no errors though so i don't know how it will help just says 10 passes no errors not much info but there you go

thanks again

Edit - Today while trying to play games it just keeps auto restarting itself after about 10 -15 minutes, this is my old pc saving up for a power supply to fix my newer pc but this didn't really have issues on windows 7 only since upgrading to windows 10 i have also done 2x fresh windows 10 installs still got the issue even with fresh install but yeah i dont know whats up with it sometimes it lasts for days without a screen lock up , reboot and bluescreen its wierd  only crashes once or twice then its fine for the rest of the day untill next restart or start up 

Attached Files

Edited by Timoffie, 30 August 2016 - 12:14 AM.

#11 HonorGamer

HonorGamer

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:38 AM

Sorry about the late reply! Work has me going nonstop.

28/08/2016 11:57 AM	Windows Error Reporting	Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: BlueScreen
28/08/2016 11:56 AM	Windows Error Reporting	Fault bucket , type 0

I took a look at your msinfo32, and under the windows error reports. there is 2 bluescreen errors. Only 2 dump files in the zip file. If you have had another BSOD please post up the new crash files.

BIOS Release Date 06/23/2010 

This is an old BIOS version. So there could be a compatibility issue. Please update your BIOS: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3441&dl=1&RWD=0#bios

Edited by HonorGamer, 30 August 2016 - 05:39 AM.

#12 Timoffie

Timoffie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:05 AM

Sorry about the late reply! Work has me going nonstop.

28/08/2016 11:57 AM	Windows Error Reporting	Fault bucket , type 0
28/08/2016 11:56 AM	Windows Error Reporting	Fault bucket , type 0

I took a look at your msinfo32, and under the windows error reports. there is 2 bluescreen errors. Only 2 dump files in the zip file. If you have had another BSOD please post up the new crash files.

BIOS Release Date 06/23/2010 

This is an old BIOS version. So there could be a compatibility issue. Please update your BIOS: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3441&dl=1&RWD=0#bios

I have never done a bios update before kinda worried ill stuff something up my friend told me to download the utility version below but it dont say its for windows 10  he said utility way was easier to update bios but now i may have to do it the old way i'm confused on what i should do cause i don't wanna ruin my pc >.< im guessing by oldway is the bios download page u gave me, friend said i need to be careful or i can brick my motherboard

@BIOS
(Note) Support Intel 5 series & earlier MB(support may vary by model)
(Note) Support AMD 800/700 series & earlier MB(support may vary by model)

OS:Windows XP 32bit,Windows XP 64bit,Windows Vista 32bit,Windows Vista 64bit,Windows 7 32bit,Windows 7 64bit,Windows 98,Windows Me,Windows 2000
B11.1004.1 5.10 MB 2011/10/04 Asia China America EuropeEurope(Russia) : FTP / Http

This is other bios page u gave me that i see to download latest one

Version Size Date Download Here Description F8 0.89 MB 2010/11/26 Asia China America Europe Europe(Russia) : FTP /Http
  1. Update Realtek PXE ROM

#13 Timoffie

Timoffie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:08 AM

sorry if i wasn't meant to add links but that's how it copy n pasted

edit - also the bluescreen is not what always happens but when it does ill get another report for you but usually pc just restarts itself or locks up with no bluescreen requiring a manual reboot

Edited by Timoffie, 30 August 2016 - 09:12 AM.

#14 HonorGamer

HonorGamer

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:51 AM

Here is a tutorial from Gigabyte on how to update your BIOS. Follow the steps, and you won't break your motherboard. http://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/HowToReflashBIOS.html

#15 Timoffie

Timoffie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:06 AM

Here is a tutorial from Gigabyte on how to update your BIOS. Follow the steps, and you won't break your motherboard. http://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/HowToReflashBIOS.html

Just thought id let you know i recently updated windows 10 an update came out also an update for my graphics driver , my pc has not been bluescreening or locking up since updated so it may be sorted out i also made sure all plugs and everything plugged into the pc fully so might be fixed thanks for the help thou will update you with any future issue that occur or if it returns.

Cheer's Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users