Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winload.exe missing no CD's

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HomeStudioSimplified

HomeStudioSimplified

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:19 AM

Ok, so recently I shut off my PC. When I turned it back on it went into the endless repair loop. After following several tutorials on getting that fixed I came up against another problem. It went into another error. After downloading the EasyRE software (the magical fix-all) it ran the tests and came back up with the dreaded 0xc000000f missing winload.exe

So on my USB booter I copied the winload.exe file to no avail. The recovery CD for windows was not included in the package 5 years ago and for some reason it would never complete the backup cds. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:50 AM

Hi and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer :)

What was the exact error (before you ran EasyRE or tried copying the winload.exe from the recovery USB)? Also, after you copied over the winload.exe, what happens now when you start your computer? Do you get another error?

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#3 HomeStudioSimplified

HomeStudioSimplified
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:36 PM

Hey!
So before the EasyRE was ran the error had to do with the \boot\BCD if I remember correctly.

I have since contacted Lenovo and they are sending out a copy of Windows 7 install discs. (At $39 it's not a bad deal!) I can't wait to get this fixed, I use my computer daily! I am going thru withdraws already!

#4 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:49 PM

Hi

You should be able to boot into Recovery Environment:

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select English as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and then click Next.

:spacer:
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

• Select Command Prompt
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your main Windows disk letter (as it may not always be C in Recovery Environment) *(Note, that it is not the X drive. The X drive is the Recovery Environment)

Back in Command Prompt, type these commands:

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
c:
cd boot
attrib bcd -s -h -r
ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
bootrec /RebuildBcd

Replace C: with the letter of your main Windows drive

If it runs successfully, restart your computer. If it gave an error, or after you restarted, there was an error let us know :)

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Github | Keybase

#5 HomeStudioSimplified

HomeStudioSimplified
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:57 PM

Tried that. Unfortunately it will not allow me to go to the Recovery Menu. Instead it says missing win load.exe When I am able to get to the screen where it asks for a memory diagnostic or load Windows no matter which I select it goes back to the missing win load.exe junk.

#6 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:16 PM

We should be able to access Recovery Environment (The install disk is a special type of Recovery Environment where you can also install WIndows) from the install disk (at least)! Unless you have another computer where you can create a Windows 10 Install Disk (not to upgrade, but to access the Recovery Environment).

Then, we can do a search for winload, and replace it with the correct copy.

Keep us updated! When you have either the Lenovo install disk or Win10 install disk, we can continue to fixing the problem :)

-CKing

Github | Keybase

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,585 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

When you get the installation disc use the instruction below to access the System Recovery Options.  After you have opened the command prompt run the commands CKing123 has suggested.

Attention:  In order to boot from the installation disc you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the optical driver is the first device in the boot order, and the HDD/SSD is the second devcice.

1.  Place the installation disc in the tray of the CD/DVD drive, close the tray and restart the computer.

2.  You will be prompted to press any key to start the installation, do so.

At this point the setup process will load files, this will take several minutes.

3.  You will now need to choose the  Language, Time and currency format, and Keyboard or input method that you'd like to use.

After this is done click on Next.

w71_zps6dbda47e.png

4.  Click on the Repair your computer link at the bottom-left of the Install Windows window.

This link will begin the Windows 7 System Recovery Options.

w72_zps2a656a0c.png

5.  System Recovery Options will now search your hard drive(s) for any Windows 7 installations.  This will take several minutes.

No participation is required on your part at this time, wait till it has finished and the next window opens.

w73_zpsd5483f05.png

6.  Choose the Windows 7 installation that you'd like to perform the Startup Repair on, then click on Next

w74_zps490f9a17.png

7.  Click on Command Prompt from the list of recovery tools in System Recovery Options.

8.  Run the following commands.

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
c:
cd boot
attrib bcd -s -h -r
ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
bootrec /RebuildBcd

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users