Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My introduction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lilli3

Lilli3

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:30 AM

Hi all my username is lilli3 nice to met you all... and honestly im glad iv stumbled upon this website. Its my time to learn some good techniques to out smart whomever is hacking me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 robby501

robby501

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

Hello and welcome to these forums.

I am certainly not one of the experts here, more a novice/rookie pc user. I joined here a couple years ago after suffering many bug-related issues with my computer. The information I have gleaned from BC has been a godsend to me; the best thing I ever did was sign up here! I am way more knowledgeable now than ever before, particularly with regards security-related issues. 

I never get infected any more thanks to running some carefully selected freeware security programs (see signature below) that I chose on hearing recommendations and reviews about by certain long-standing members here.

I can recommend doing fairly regular scans with the Zemana scanner as obtainable in the Downloads section of BC, seems to find stuff that other suites might miss.

As it's security you seem most concerned about, I'd like to recommend you have a look in the General Security forum. Quietman7 has made many extremely informative contributions there (as have many others!) and his posts and links are packed full of up-to-date and incredibly useful tips, advice and essential information.

:thumbup2:

Edited by robby501, 28 August 2016 - 07:03 AM.

Im a rookie and purely recreational pc user. Im utterly obsessed with security (even though I consider myself a safe and law-abiding internet user!) and run a combo of the following freeware security suites.....

Windows Defender/firewall

Regular scans with Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner, JRT, HitmanPro

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:36 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...Best regards,
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users